SOTA Female character, the softer feminine side & more

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by majoria70, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    SOTA FEMALE

Hello My fellow adventurers. I have not been around as much for a bit. Just trying to be patient and play the wait and see game. I fought so hard and long for a female to grace this game that would do the game proud. Also I get concerned in making this game that many features will be left out or not capitalized on. Look at Archeage you think hmmm what more could a game want, well we can be that game. We can capitalize on all the what's missing in games that leave us empty and bored after a while. We must remember those things that will keep us here.

While I see many of the structural changes to her have indeed been noticed by me, the face is still pretty horrific still. So I noticed that I was starting to give up on the beautiful female roleplay part of this game. I was assured that they might be able to cut off her head and maybe they did, because I see she has changed, but it is not for the better. She has bug eyes and a horse face or whatever it is. So see her above and then also a few examples of a womanly softer look.

Please join me in my battle to improve this for one last round. Otherwise, it will be what it will be regarding this and so many other things lost in the wind.

So with hopefully many elements in the game will get created. Things to surprise and keep us involved for a very long time. My important thoughts to achieve this are such things as :

treasure maps and treasure map activities

boating, fun eventful fishing & fishing contests, fishing quests

fun crafting, and crafting activities, perhaps quests that make it interesting, like maybe searching the world for unique crafting resources, or a crafting mystery to solve

the ability to drop items and place things on tables etc

fun thief characters with possible fun roleplay

the ability to open and close and display way more than other games do

Please don't let this game have lacklustre, we need to fight for more than one thing here, it should encompasse a game created to entice and enroll us to keep coming back for more. So please Take care and ****cheers**** to you all.

**edited to hopefully make more sense** Also edited to add a bit more of my thoughts**

Royou, Krohon, Sara Dreygon and 35 others like this.
  2. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

Ouch, that sudden contrast at the end hurt. +1 for more facial/body customisation for the ladies!

3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I agree :) The current female face is extremely unattractive and harsh looking :( Definitely need to offer multiple (at least six) attractive female face options to choose from o_O Also, more sliders for face and body modifications.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Thanks majoria for adding to my already incalculable fantasies.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think there is always a concern that elements might me missed out of the game. I think everything will eventually be put in over time in additional releases etc.

In terms of the chars, I believe both male and female need a lot of work......the hair isn't good at all, still looks very plastic (I feel like Mr Potato Head if I have a mustache). I also feel that textures need re-visiting. There needs more animation around movement so there is more feeling whilst controlling your char.

In terms of the female char.....option for bigger boobs and sexy outfits......ALWAYS a winner!! ;)

6. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I agree, work is required on the female avatar at this point.

7. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

If SotA character creation were open 24/7, (that would be nice), i'd be able to test out and see what the problem is. I feel like I've been able to make a pretty cool variety in faces, both male and female in the latest release. just not sure I have any screenshots.

Saying it needs work without pointing out any particular flaws might be a bit unhelpful. What exactly needs to be reworked?

Bug eyes? You can change the size, radius, angle, depth placement, height placement, width placement, and 'bulge' of the eyes dramatically. what else is there?

Horse face.. maybe that's a product of the small mouth that can't be altered yet.
    I believe just about everything about the face can now be adjusted other than the size of the mouth itself. That is probably coming next..

Perhaps once all the dials have been implemented, some good 'presets' will be worked out?

Tahru, Duchess Wyldemane, Net and 7 others like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Ditto Kudos Majoria! I totally agree!

The S&M Look vs the Goth Look, hmm...
    The Tough Chick Look vs the Youthful Look, hmm again...

If I were to choose the current variety of chick looks to any real life profession, I'd have to say the SotA chicks look like they are best suited for the Police Force or women that wear comfortable shoes... o_O I surely wouldn't ever date one, because they do look like they have costly divorce settlement written all over them for some reason :confused:
    Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm all for women's lib and different life styles, and I'm no great catch ether, but I do feel that the way any chr looks, does help or hinder the immersion into the game or personal chr's style of look.
    Humans and dolphins are among a very small group of creatures that are "self aware" when looking into a mirror. All other creatures believe they are looking at another of their own kind and begin to compete or interact with the mirror image because it's another and not them selves. This self awareness transposes into ego within the subconscious where we think we look even better than we do in the mirror. Some games are glamor based and have little else in the way of what anyone can do there beyond the normally acceptable and do well in selling their game because the individual avatars look so good... we could use a bit of that here too...

Hips, Dips, Dimples, and where the heck are the smiles at?
    I think the bodies could use a bit more of the curve as well. Some would say that, that's a sexist comment, but we are talking about sex appeal here, both for the individual that plays them as well as those who lust after them. I don't care so much for what the dudes look like. As dudes go it's always more about how witty or self confident you are that draws the chicks, but dimples and cleft chins do help if you can smile enough to show them. But that's another forgotten thing among most games, is the ability to smile :) We as self aware humans do pick up on people's moods from the way that their face looks... like I said, all the chick chrs here look like they come with a lawyer... :eek:

I too will be quite happy when the day comes that something other than combat can take it's place here with us... though combat is very young still and nowhere near anything complete... I'm not really complaining with that comment, just waiting.

With my ~TL~ chr, I can't wait for smaller sized avatars to come that can be much shorter around 4-5 ft tall, as well as a much taller size to come available from 6-7 ft tall. I believe that this would also aide the female chr having the ability to be 4-5 feet tall or 6-7 feet tall, "it just says something about how a chr wishes to be approached as well as how cute they can be... it's hard to be cute as a chick when you're 6-7 feet tall to be considered as being "cute"...

Looking like an evening of chips whips chains and dip doesn't make anyone look attractive for long... it's more like a one night stand in a latex dream you wouldn't want to wake up in the morning with...

My key question with the avatar's looks is, "when we do get more elegant clothing for them, would any man want to go out dancing with them?"
    Or are they too smug looking to care too :confused:
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So very observant dear Time Lord and so very comical and fun you are. I wish for you your wonderful garments to adorn your character, and beautiful and very unique character looks for everyone to have their character look howeverthey wants to make them. Thanks for all this. I loved reading it.

Lol edited to make more sense. I was typing on my phone on my break at work and didn't do a great job.***

10. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I think they are quite attractive, even snuggable. Is that a word doh! But there is always room for improvement.

11. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Hmm.. perhaps, 'snugly'?

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol are you talking about sota females Lord lonn? Nah you couldn't be. Lol well since you aren't too particular you can take her away ;)

13. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I agree, marjoria. Would love to see slightly more curves. Not talking about joke big breasts though.. Just something a bit more that doesn't look like she's trying to hide it under a linen wrap. The current female avatars look too athletic and not normal enough.

And definitely a softer face. Not something chiselled.

So true what TimeLord said. When I want to look into my SotA mirror, I want to see myself as if in a dream..

14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Anyone who says SotA women aren't hot, I challenge to a duel.

I won't be dueling of course but somebody really should defend their honor.

15. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

One day we all play occulus rift style.

Then we will be able to look down on ourselfs, look at our hands and scratch our legs.

Then this hole subject will reach a new level.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I'm so happy you spoke up. I totally agree with all your observations. Thanks. :)

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol you could be busy;) well if you did duel that is. It's ok sometimes harsh measures needed to improve the package of sota. We'll all be happier in the Long run.

18. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

The last I remember hearing, we were supposed to be getting new character models once SotA moved to Unity 5. They were also meant to be giving us better-looking heads in the meantime, but I'm not sure if that happened or not - they don't look a whole lot better to me. (And the male avatars' facial hair needs to change, it looks glued on most of the time!)

I do like that we're getting more customisation options as we go along, and the hair is looking better than it used to - less plastic than it was, but it could still be improved. I hope we get mouth options soon, I'm getting tired of the same slightly grumpy expression that I can't seem to change. Unless I use certain emotes, that is, when I get this instead...

[​IMG]

But I agree with the main point of your post, Majoria - our ladies definitely need more softness. My Karrie's face in this picture actually has some roundness to it, although I know what you mean by the 'horse face' look that seems to crop up often. Of course, take away the horse face and you might end up with something like this...

[​IMG]

At least you can't say the face is ugly! ;)

One thing I think really does need to happen with our character models, is that the proportions need to be reworked. The 'lower body' is far too long, just look at the distance from waist to crotch in my first picture. It doesn't look right at all. It's especially noticeable in the Add On Store picture of the male wedding outfit, where the poor man's legs are far too short and out of proportion! Perhaps the Unity 5 models will have better proportions, but if not then that's something that will need to be adjusted. (Looking at the pictures Majoria posted, some of those ladies have long bodies as well. But if you compare the real women to the virtual ones, you can get a better idea of how real women are proportioned.)

My avatar currently has skinny arms, large breasts and a long body - I'd like to be able to change all those things and I hope some sort of body adjustments are on the horizon. Even a few presets such as 'athletic', 'average' and 'plump' would be nice, although I think something was said a while back that the devs had not intended to give us body-type selections anyway (at least not in Episode 1). Either way, I'm sure they could make a better looking female figure than we currently have. Xena was a tough chickie but she was still undoubtedly feminine, so there's no reason New Britannia couldn't have warrior women who also have pleasing curves. A basic body scaling slider that goes from thin to curvy, and adjusts the whole body in proportion, would be a good thing if they can't give us anything more involved. (Height too, as Time Lord mentioned. I have a friend who is 6'2" and in the police force, but although she's an imposing girl she still has feminine curves. And sensible shoes. ;) )

At the end of the day, what I hope for is to be able to make a character who looks very much like the girl in my signature picture, which is an in-game rendered character from somewhere or other.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG]

But I agree with the main point of your post, Majoria - our ladies definitely need more softness. My Karrie's face in this picture actually has some roundness to it, although I know what you mean by the 'horse face' look that seems to crop up often. Of course, take away the horse face and you might end up with something like this...

[​IMG]

At the end of the day, what I hope for is to be able to make a character who looks very much like the girl in my signature picture, which is an in-game rendered character from somewhere or other.[/quote]
    lol Yes I knew I'd get your support. I agree your signature picture is very beautiful. I always think that when I read anything you post. I was told months ago that better days were coming for the avatar, but it is not happening. I'm glad you had your picture to demonstrate the current avatar. All of the ones I took were too far away no closeups. **cheers** and here's hoping to way more than tweaks.

20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Shopping for What's Possible & Available...
    I took a look around at different avatars from other games, which is a great suggestion for anyone who wants to gain a perspective on how avatars can look. Some of the games from Korea spent allot of $ to get those great looks they had. The variety of different possible avatar looks is amazing because there are so many. Yet while I was looking at all those avatars I also noticed that many of those looks, would change our game's over all look and fell, so much so that immersion could break the closer we came to the ever growing in popularity Anime look. I know it's easy for us to criticize any artist after the fact, it's just a predicament of art that it can't escape.

Cheeks, Height... and what other things could provide the band-aid before the big $ hits our game...
    Others here have mentioned a need for more full cheeks or the ability to have a more full look that doesn't look like a meth lab worker or the cocaine addict look that was once popular for the fashion models of the 90's. I do think if we could have some worth while adjustment there it could help, but "the height of the character" would seem a very easy thing to do for our avatars.... but what do I know... I'm not a programer o_O Yet the height of the avatar could cause these other facial features to look much different to the viewer and thus change our perspective on what looks good in avatar creation.

Contrast in the World View...
    I was a cowboy actor when I was in my teen years, and I noticed that there was a big difference between seeing John Wayne on horseback and seeing an Audie Murphy sized actor on horseback. One made the horse look like he was riding a pony, while the other caused the horse to look much larger. But in the stage craft of most movies, the lead actors are most times the taller, which help draw the eyes and evaluation in the thought proses to subliminally notice contrast, causing the scene to seem more real. Chuck Norris wares elevator boots. He's not that short, yet when standing next to anyone 6 foot tall, he is just a shorty ;) Yet here in our SotA, I noticed that when I was looking for contrast of height, "it didn't seem to matter if I would chose very short or very tall"... they all seemed the same height in game, thus providing no contrast (or little that was very much noticeable). So, the over all look of the crowd, or cast of player's avatars in our case, could use more contrast of height to provide a more normal feel to the world, yet also cause our facial looks to be seen as different. As it is very difficult for a woman of 6'2" to look cute, they have their own beauty. This can be seen in many fashion shows, where the models that are tall or short, may or may not look so good if the were of another height, where the sweet look is short and the tall look is empowered... Women of 5 foot ware high heals and own few flat shoes, where the taller ladies will have more flat shoes and much fewer or lower high heeled shoes so their date for the night is not talking to their chest that much :oops::confused:

So, height adjustment would be first on my list of needed changes, followed by cheeks, then curves of the hips and chest. This applies to all avatars, not only the gals, because height does drastically affect the over all look of the avatar, as well as everyone not so rank and file when standing together as a group, where contrast could make it seem more real.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Height Though;
    When Height and Weight Meet the Reality of Combat...

This will not be a popular thing to say, yet when we speak of an avatar's Height or Weight being drastically different, we could also consider the advantages and disadvantages in contrast to these extremes. From the far east to the far west of our real life planet, we see that there have been contrasting differences between them. The west has more people of height and therefore weight and muscle power, while the far east has traditionally had shorter, lighter and therefore more dexterous people. If such realism of height would be implemented in our game, we would see shorter mages and taller knights, or short knights of great speed and tall mages that could have a heavy melee strike to them... but then this would give rise to a very old combat custom of "sizing up your opponent" as a visual evaluation... Muscle Power and Strength are two very different things, one has inertia, while the other has endurance. This can be seen when taking a body builder and a violinist and having them both hold up a simple violin, where the body builder will not have the ability of endurance, while the violinist could never bench press 300 lbs, yet they both could carry a 60-65 lbs backpack the same amount of distance (60-65 lbs has throughout history been the average backpack load of foot soldiers. Only in recent times where transports have been more employed by Armies has this changed).

I know we are not suited for such realism in our gaming, "But would both drastic of height actually effect or or avatar's reach?"... it's truly a game computing question, of how our avatar's reaching distance is computed.
    Thus, "Is everyone's reach in combat the same no matter of our size?"

I think that's a good question when considering height... o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.