SOTA Female character, the softer feminine side & more

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by majoria70, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lambasted

lambasted Avatar

[​IMG]

I laugh at that pic every time i see it.

But for my personal opinion, I like having tons of options in character creation. As a 6'1" 290lb big guy married to a 5'3.5" 95lb lady, i think we all come in different shapes and sizes and i don't get offended if a VIDEO GAME doesn't offer a body style i like or only offers body styles that i don't like. Truth is there is no such thing as a "realistic proportion" - we all metabolize food differently, get different amounts of exercise daily, and enjoy different sights as dictated by our perceptive vision and chemical reactions in our brain. I'd be fine if our avatars looked like the players in tecmo super bowl :)

Edit: Wife demanded that i add 1/2" to her height because she's wearing flipflops right now

2. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Heheheee! Lambasted, that pic made me think of this:

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Lambasted to Shrouds. I am with you. I love having tons of options for our characters too. If you have read this thread you know more about how I feel. There have been some changes to improve on the character look and customization but really just so you know getting the game systems, creatures, the world in, NPC dialogue and on and on have been taking up all the time right now in this stage of development. The characters will be getting more love soon I bet. So bringing this thread back is always great. I want to see the characters loosen up a bit bending at the waste sometimes, I want lipstick, and I want to wear jewelry sometimes that shows, I want better hair and more hairstyle options, and I want to be able to hold items other than weapons and offer to another player or fan myself, or carry a parasol, and also I want hair things, a flower in my hair, to wear a tiara or hair deco. I enjoyed your feedback and yes you speak of body types and while these are costly in a game with this budget because there is more to making the character work in the world, with the clothes, and with the environment than I think we can even imagine. So I'm sure the team will do the best they can to make it all wonderful for us when they focus on characters again.:)

4. lambasted

lambasted Avatar

Oh no doubt in my mind they will do the best they can, and I'm in no rush ;)

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  5. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

The guys aren't exactly great and sure can use some work (we all look the same), but the females are just horrible (and come on, no long hair AT ALL, except for those braids?). I started one (wanted her to resemble my wife but failed spectacularly), played through the starter quest and couldn't stand her anymore. Not only the faces or the bodies, but also the character animations looked very PS2-ish.
    Then again, maybe they sit in their cellar coding games so much, they totally forgot how women look in real life. ^_^

I think this is only a placeholder. They can't intend to release the game with chars who look like this in 2015.

The UO paperdolls looked a lot better ;)

6. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

The hair things made me think of this song (specifically the flower in the hair).

majoria70 and kazeandi like this.
  7. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

Some nice robes etc would be nice, too.
    This is me, looking at my mage right now:

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

hahahaha so funny. Thanks. That made me crack up. Yeah I need flowers in my hair too.;)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.