Sota MiniMap Updated - 9/28 !

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Natasha Ultara, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natasha Ultara

Natasha Ultara Avatar

Hello there everyone! I would like to introduce my submission for your mini-mapping endeavors! I will be focusing on seemingly seamless integration with Shroud!

My MiniMap supports linux and windows! looking for a MAC tester please contact me!

please see:
    https://www.patreon.com/SotaMiniMap
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Will it be possible to move the minimap to a second monitor?

Leelu likes this.
  3. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

So we absolutely HAVE to register somewhere obscure, instead of the way Umuri has done it where we can just download the tool. No thank, omfg...

Leelu likes this.
  4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

This looks really good.

Thadeus Crook and Leelu like this.
  5. lollie

lollie Avatar

Well if you weren't charging for it (between $1 and $5 per month, every month) I would have suggested you go work with the creator of SotA Mapper - he's doing it for the good of the community though :rolleyes:

6. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Yah, that's kinda what turned me off to it as well.

Good idea though, considering other games have this as part of the game and this game pretty much ignores it!

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This game has maps, which will show where you are. Not all have been completed yet, and you have to acquire them in-game. So they are not ignored, it is simply incomplete. Pre-release, and all that.

Leelu likes this.
  8. lollie

lollie Avatar

Yeah but they're a pita to use - have weight (albeit minimal) and you have to open your bag up and find the right map to bring the map up, whereas in all other games it works by simply pressing a single key (usually M)...

Josh Randall and Leelu like this.
  9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

oh I thought it was free and I was just waiting for the download link to be posted... LOL... I totally misread that...

Mitara and Leelu like this.
  10. lollie

lollie Avatar

Yep "patrons" only.

Mitara and Leelu like this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

well... who knows, it might get released to the general public in the near future... ^_^

12. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Dont hold your breath, this is a sure way to scam people for some money :)

13. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I kinda like it. Planning for an adventure and taking your maps along with you. It's immersive. But I understand why people don't like it.

I enjoy getting lost (sometimes) and having to get/find/buy a map to better understand the layout of the place.

I'd like it if we can make our own IG maps. But I also know the problems that would come along with it.

I think it'd be cool if we were able to craft a blank map, fill it in as we wandered in an area and add our own little notes to it. We could even sell 'treasure maps' or some such.

Nietzsche, Makaryus Drach and lollie like this.
  14. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Get your head out of the sand. It's a gig economy today. Likes, patrons, relationships between creator and consumer are how people are and will make money. If you don't like paying for things and think everything must be a charitable donation, say so. Don't denigrate as a scammer those who are using modern earning techniques.

Nietzsche and Natasha Ultara like this.
  15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

like some kind of carthography skills? I wonder why it's not in the game... o_O

Mitara likes this.
  16. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Pardon my naivety, but does such a thing exist? I have seen people with 'Cartographer' titles, but haven't done any footwork to see if it is possible. I know this is an Alpha and many options/abilities and the such are not yet implemented/not fully implemented.

I just mentioned my idea and feelings on the matter as it is something I'd like to see and/or consider doing. I don't like the idea of having a automatic minimap appear every time I enter a scene, or a minimap that discloses areas as I walk around to magically memorize it for me next time I enter it - no matter how long it's been since I've been there. It would be nice to make ones own maps and have the mini-map option available only if you have the map for the area with you.

(I also know that there is a forum section for these types of ideas. I was mostly mentioning it to point out that I rather enjoy maps and discovering and don't mind the weight restrictions or 'added hassle' as it would be interesting and immersive)

Again, I apologize – and maybe I'm reading too much into your post – but I felt there was a bit of facetiousness. I didn't mean to offend, I was just stating an opinion. I've only been around playing for about a month and haven't explored every ability/option as of yet.

17. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

You are missing the point. I dont like that it exists at all...

18. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I've not found these maps to be very helpful myself - some that I have use the runic language which I am not interested in learning

I just want to press a key and have the map pop up like normal games

lollie and Natasha Ultara like this.
  19. Natasha Ultara

Natasha Ultara Avatar

My thread exploded! Love you guys and gals. I'm just a unemployed 39yo trying to make a living, please don't hate me. I don't think $1 for a month of working on something that benefits you is bad deal!

Lets please keep the thread on the topic. Which is my Sota MiniMap. Not morals, ethics or personal/social values.

* if anyone would like to discuss such things, I invite you to take a look at life through the eyes of a 39yo unemployable transgender woman living in a society that does not accept her.

20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Third-party community applications are fine, but do need to be approved by Portalarium. Since this is for-profit, I know I'll steer clear of it, and I'd bet they will do the same.

Birko, Womby and Alexander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.