1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SotA - New Website and User Expanded Support (Travian Games)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Greetings Avatars,

As many of you know, Portalarium and Travian Games have a Publishing agreement for most EU countries (except for the 3 Baltic states), LATAM and the MENA region.

As a part of this agreement, Travian Games will add a number of services for players within their publishing territory.

After the official launch of Shroud of the Avatar on March 27th 2018, Travian Games will operate a dedicated website at https://shroudoftheavatar.game, language specific forum sections and Customer Service in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and (Brazilian) Portuguese.

After the launch customers from the Travian Games territories will be given expanded support to the Travian Games services. This expanded support will happen only after the next major Monthly Livestream on April 6 and will neither affect your game account nor your previously obtained pledges, rewards, etc.

Please see below the FAQ regarding the transition.

Q: When is the user expanded support happen?
    A:
    This will occur after April 8, 2018. We will announce the exact date, once it is known.

Q: Which countries belong to the Travian Games territory?
    A:
    For more clarity, please see a full list of the countries that belong to the Travian Games territory:

European Countries:
    Albania, Andora, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzogovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City.

MENA:
    Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Yemen, Saudi-Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, Pakistan, Afghanistan.

LATAM:
    Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Belize Caribbean Islands, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama.

Q: Were all the users already enabled? What about my agreement?
    A:
    Your account will be enabled only once you agree to the Terms & Conditions, the Privacy Policy and the Data transfer and Data sharing agreement. You will have to agree to those terms before using any of the Travian Games services, such as the shop.

Q: What if I don't agree to it?
    A:
    You will still be able to play Shroud of the Avatar, but you will not be able to purchase anything in the shop of the Travian Games website.

Q: Will EU data privacy laws be accommodated during the transition of user accounts to Travian Games? Which data is going to be shared between Portalarium, Travian Games and potentially other parties?
    A:
    We take data privacy very serious and are fully compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read up all the details here. (only accessible from EU (except Baltics), LATAM and MENA)

Q: How will this transition affect the RMT policies in the Community?
    A:
    The player marketplace will remain accessible and unchanged for every player, regardless of the loaction you live in.​

Q: Will I have to do anything with my account to keep playing?
    A:
    In general, you can simply continue playing with your account. If you want to purchase anything from the new webstore, you need to login to the new website with your existing account and accept the Terms & Conditions, the Privacy Policy and the Data transfer and Data sharing agreement from Travian Games.

Q: Will the website and its content be available in my language?
    A:
    In a few weeks, the website will be available in the languages English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. New content will always be added in English first and we will update the translations of important news and announcements into the supported languages in a matter of days.

Q: Is the new website final?
    A: The current version of the website is just the beginning. We will continuously add new features and content to the website.

Q: Will I still be able to access the Portalarium website and store, if I live in a territory from the EU (except Baltics), LATAM or MENA?
    A:
    You will not be able to access the Portalarium website anymore, but we will copy all new content over to the Travian Games website. So you shouldn’t miss out on any news. The forums will be unchanged (see below).

Q: Will there be a separate forum for the Travian Games territories?
    A:
    The forum and all its content will remain accessible for everyone and the transition will have no impact on your forum accounts. We are introducing dedicated forum sections for the additional supported languages and Travian Games staff and Community Ambassadors will moderate those sections.

Q: Can I already use the store and services on the new website?
    A:
    You can currently already access the new website, if you are living in a territory from the EU (except Baltics), LATAM or MENA. But login and expansion of your account will only be able, once Portalarium and Travian Games enable the expansion within the next few days.

Q: Will flash sales and discounts also be available for me in the Travian Games store as they appear in the Portalarium store?
    A:
    In general Travian Games will not necessarily offer identical promotions as Portalarium, but tailor them for their own territories. But in general, we try to provide a familiar set of sales and discounts, that you are used to.

Q: After the creation of my account I have moved and now I live in a different territory. Will my account be assigned to a territory based on the country of the account creation or the country I currently live in?
    A:
    If you believe, that your account is associated with a wrong publishing territory, please contact customer support and we will look into it.​

Q: Will I be able to access my (or any) store and account information if my account is from a different territory than my current location?
    A:
    In this case, you will be redirected to the website of the corresponding territory, but you will have to contact support if you want to access your account data or to perform a purchase.

Q: Will we be able to participate in the Monthly Livestreams and obtain the rewards?
    A:
    Yes. We are currently working on a solution that players from TG publishing territory can join in on the Monthly Livestreams (aka Postmortems) via the new website.

Q: Please explain how the prices on the Travian Games shop come about? Which taxes are included?
    A:
    While prices in the US are usually net prices and taxes, if applicable, get added at checkout, the prices on the Travian Games shop include the value adding tax (VAT). VAT in EU countries ranges between 17% and 27%. So if you compare the dollar versus the euro prices, you are comparing net prices (without tax) and gross prices (including tax). Furthermore the currency rate for US$ versus the Euro is below the 12 month average, which currently favors American consumers. We will keep an eye on the currency exchange rate and respond, if the prices drift further apart, but we also want to provide you with a stable pricing and not adjust prices on a weekly basis.

Q: What if I try to access the SotA services from a location that does not belong to my territory?
    A:
    You can access the game independent from your location. When you are visiting the website, redirections will lead you to the Portalarium, Blacksun, or Travian Games website, based on your current location and the corresponding publishing territory.

Q: If it’s applicable to my pledge, how do I access my Special Rewards page to claim ones Name Entry reward and Heraldry reward?
    A:
    Anyone with the appropriate pledge can access the Name Entry page from any territory. This was previously not the case.
    Q: Will Travian users still have access to POT forms?
    A:
    POT forms are currently unavailable to users outside of Portalarium’s territory. Portalarium is working on a fix for this issue.

Q: How about the in-game map?
    A:
    Anyone from any territory can access the map via a web browser or the in-game UI. This was previously not the case.

Q: Does everything in the Terms & Conditions of Travian Games apply to the SotA players from the TG territories?
    A:
    The Travian Games Terms & Conditions are covering all games that are published by TG. That being said, it also covers conditions, that apply to games other than Shroud of the Avatar. For conditions that apply for other TG games, but not for SotA (such as RMT), you will find a respective disclaimer.

Q: Will the gifting feature be available on the Travian Games website?
    A:
    We have decided to not support the gifting feature at launch, as it carries some risks, especially in combination with RMT. We will re-evaluate this feature at a later time.

Q: What happens with gifted items which I didn't use/claim? will I still be able to claim them?
    A:
    All items that are unclaimed will be transfered to your ingame bank automatically.

Q: What will happen with my Store Credits on my account after the expansion?
    A:
    As we are not supporting Store Credits on our website, we will convert Store Credits of users from the TG publishing territory into Gold Crowns.

Q: What happens to the "$XX Store Credit Gift Coupon (digital)" credits received, will this credit also be converted into COTOs?
    A:
    We will eventually convert all store credits to COTOs, regardless of region. These coupons and store credit will be retained during this process. The current website needs to build in this support. We will update the community when this is completed.

Q: Why are there no COTO prices on the Travian Games Website?
    A:
    The prices are there, but you have to be logged in to see the full content of the shop.

Q: At what exchange rate will the Store Credits be converted to Gold Crowns?
    A:
    This will be at a one-to-one rate. 1 Store Credit will equal 1 Gold Crown.

Q: If I am in a non-US zone/region, am I still allowed to access the QA server, and if so, would I qualify for the QA Bug Reporting Incentives?
    A:
    Yes, you should be able to access QA just as you can access the Live client, and participate in submitting bugs into the official forums to receive the reward incentives. The exception here is for Black Sun customers and their own website/forums.

Q: Will I be allowed to purchase items from a North American “Trusted Trader” partner of Portalarium, even though I am from a Travian Games territory?
    A:
    This is up to the Trusted Trader and their own support for International Players. Please check with these Trusted Traders before making a purchase.

Q: Will the transition have any effect on my Meretz account?
    A:
    No. After the expansion you will be able to use Meretz for SotA just as before.

Q: If my account is expanded and I want to sell my account to someone living in the USA, will the new owner be able to access the store?
    A:
    Travian Games and Portalarium do not facilitate the sale or ownership transfer of accounts.

Q: If I pledged as a Founder / Royal Founder to sufficient tier. How do I access my Blade of the Avatar digital novel?
    A:
    Please email support@portalarium.com to be assisted with this.

Q: And how do I acquire my Custom Head (Pledge Reward)?
    A:
    We will give more details about this reward once we get closer to delivery.​

If you have any further questions that are related to the transition of your account, please feel free to contact our support team at support@shroudoftheavatar.game or the Portalarium support at support@portalarium.com

Cerus & the TG team

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Hornpipe likes this.
  3. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Greetings Avatars,

Thank you for all your comments and questions regarding the expansion of services going along with the introduction of the new website from Travian Games and the addition of language specific forums, discord and support channels.

We have noticed, that some players were concerned with the short term announcement and worried about keeping access to the main features of the game and the community.
    We want to make sure, that you have a good experience of the services provided by both Travian Games as well as Portalarium.
    We will continue to expand the feature set of our new website to better accomodate the features that you are familiar with from the current Portalarium website.

That’s why we have decided to postpone the transition to the new website for players from Travian Games territory until May 7th.

Thank you once again for all your feedback and the support.
    We will keep you informed in case any changes occur.

Cerus & the TG Team

Acred, Berek, Rentier and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.