SotACoA site undergoing updates today (Sunday Mar 1)

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Ronan, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I appreciate the work of the College as it is a voluntary effort and the individuals involved are heroes in my book. At this point, I think the best manner is to just be direct so understand that I have no malice.

Am I to understand that we MUST register at a third party website and figure out how to use the generator on said third party website to register a device for use in a Portalarium game if the device has not already been approved?

Are threads in this forum still sufficient to get a device registered? If new threads in Portalarium's forum are not sufficient to register a new device, are threads that currently exist or existed prior to some deadline sufficient to register a device?

If threads in this forum are sufficient, when is the backlog in this forum going to be cleared and where does the backlog in this forum fall in the priorities of the College?

Thank you for giving some much needed clarity as the College of Arms works through this transition.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Hi Archibald!
    No, you do not have to register on the third party site. It is a convenience for those who want to give it a go themselves.
    Yes, threads in this forum are sufficient to get arms registered. What we will do once a design is good, we will transfer it to the third party site to be listed with the rest of the designs. Having them all in one place allows everyone to see what has already been "claimed" for use and prevents duplicates.
    Backlog...Argggh, it is something I am working through. Currently I have four I am working on. When those are finished I will move on to the next batch of four. Cannot estimate the time as the designs are custom, and I am not a super fast art person.

Hope that answers the questions you had. If there are more, ask away!

Tahru and Archibald Leatherneck like this.
  3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Unable to edit my avatar listing (to reflect changes in my back story) after I log in. Get error message "Something went wrong." :(

Really love the new site! Great work, guys :D

Tahru and Ronan like this.
  4. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

At this time it is not mandatory to register at a third party website. We want you to because it might make importing devices into the game easier later.

Threads in this forum are sufficient. Existing threads are sufficient. Future threads will be sufficient.

The backlog will be cleared as soon as we can get to them. Our priority is getting Portalarium to explain to us how we are going to get images into the game. That determines what file format images need to be, and how the generator needs to be built. Will the generator exist outside the game and images imported, or will the generator exist in the game?

At this point there are three of us working on this. Grant is focused on code, Ronan is focused on art and customer service, and I just got back in to help get the archive onto the new site and help with the backlog.

*Ronan is a ninja*

5. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

@Gabriel Nightshadow: will look into that this evening. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

6. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

You know, if you read my response sort of quickly that I gave to Archibald the line about custom art...it could be mistaken for:

"Not a super Fart person"

Where are you Joseph Toschlog, I need your assistance!

Tahru and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  7. Knight Grant MacGregor

Hi Gabriel, you should now be able to edit your Avatar info :) Thanks for being patient. :) Let me know if you run into anything else.

Tahru and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Unable to save edits I made to my Avatar info :(

Tahru likes this.
  9. Knight Grant MacGregor

hmmm, can you be more explicit in exactly what is happening? Do you get an error message (if so, what is it)? What are the steps you are taking right before the failure occurs?

I tested and was able to edit and save, perhaps there is a special use case you are encountering.

Tahru likes this.
  10. Gabriel Nightshadow

After making the edits, I click on "submit query" and get an error message saying " HTTP 403: The website declined to show this webpage."

11. Knight Grant MacGregor

What is the URL of the page you are on when doing this? I want to make sure we're looking at the same page. :)

(I made some tweaks, if you could give it another shot.)

12. Gabriel Nightshadow

Tahru, Rintoki Kurosaki and Sir Frank like this.
  13. Knight Grant MacGregor

Whew!! :) Glad it worked out :)

Tahru and Rintoki Kurosaki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.