1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SotAMap Acquisition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You can use the SotaMap website the same as you did before, through a web browser, at the new link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

2. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Also with the functionality of the SotA Navigator? Can’t find a link to download it anymore.

3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

load fast on that website but in the game still slow o_O I think the numbers of dynamic stuff make it lag when i try to zoom in or out. Also the first time load take longer than the nexts ones.

Gerugon likes this.
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There is no download anymore. It's built into the game, as Port has bought it from Jacob White.
    Port is now hosting it on Amazon web servers or some such.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I am aware of that but thank you for pointing it out Sean. What I want to know is, will Portalarium continue to support SotA Navigator so that sota map is usable on a second screen with the the ingame functionality including tracking the avatar. I still have the SotA Navigator app running on a second screen.

Bodhbh Dearg and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Gotcha, missed that, old people what are ya going to do! ;)

7. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

Have to put in my request for Sota Navigator, love to have that option

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Agreed! +1

9. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

We're approaching launch, and I still have issues with the state of the Map. I went to find an alchemy merchant, and traveled a fair distance to Desolis. When I got to the location of the of the supposed merchant, it was actually a guild registrar. One of my biggest issues, is wanting to craft and then having to search for hours for someone that sells the crafting recipe. The situation with the map is exasperating.

For that matter, my own lot is shown as owned by someone completely different.

If the lot data was accurate with regards to free lots, that would be a benefit. Having the ability to see what towns have free town lots for example. Even if someone wanted to opt out, the free lot information could be available.

Numa and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  10. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

You and me both!

11. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

People cannot update their POT maps anymore, @Shadow , so all maps will be outdated until they get the auto-sync going... (Another job "stolen" from me by Portalarium...)

Shadow likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

@DarkStarr will these bugs get fixed prior the launch next month? At best, SotA Map has incomplete data. At worst, that data is incorrect. This can lead to an extremely frustrating NUE.

Will the map be opened up for the community to edit and fix? I don't see how the SotA Map will be in any launch-ready quality by next month.

Also: the layers choices don't save. That is, I remove all the layers I don't want to see, but those choices don't stick. I really don't want to see much of the (incorrect) data anyways and want to explore / add them on my own. It's too spoilery out of the box for my play style.

And most of the data isn't even valid for offline mode. Will the offline map mode remove all that data?

Elwyn, Numa, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  13. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Not true actually. The only thing you can not update is the LOT Information and Lots in general. You can remove the lots layer by unchecking the box and still edit till your hearts content.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Editing!

Laz

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  14. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

On a side note.

While I can't wait to see lots auto populate on maps.

I would still love to be able to add personalized player / vendor info and such on lots.

Laz

15. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Well, they'll first have to fix non-owner (delegate) access to the maps, before I can start editing again... ;)

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Still no map in the Linux client. :(

redhatschotty and Arcanoxer like this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That is a matter of NPC locations being moved around since the map POI data was entered over a year ago. I know that I've had two or three NPCs that I couldn't find, even some where I knew their old location, and the new location was quite a distance away. (trainer in Ardoris) And I have no idea why they were moved. Hopefully they will get automated POI generation working along with lot status, and this will never be a problem again.

They know it's a problem, they're working on it. If it's properly entered in JIRA like it should be, they won't be able to forget to work on it.

Again, not a problem they can fix on their own, because they're using a web browser plug-in that doesn't work with Linux. They know about it, and JIRA won't let them forget.

When there are 100 things to do, and you only have time for 50 right now, you have to choose which 50. There's always someone who will complain that their pet feature is the most important thing in the world and will cause all new players to rage quit within an hour, but there will be more important things. Development will not stop once Release is declared, and the whole world will not try to play April all at the same time, never to return. It's all about triage.

Shadow and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

And another delay for the Linux map support...
    • Map Localization and Linux Support Delayed: Unfortunately the plugin used for the map system has still not been ported to Linux and the owner of the plugin still has provided no ETA on when, if ever, that port will happen. We have however been able to obtain the source and have made some attempts at the port ourselves but those attempts have yet to be successful. This has once again delayed Linux support and secondarily delayed localization support.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...WyZgmHOIZFhCcLHT4gwsTsDK8D5t9IUw3PJUuReUB/pub

Can you please explain what is going on with the "completely custom piece of code" and how many years we have to wait for it? And why is Portalarium waiting for code from the original creator from SotAMap, when the plan was to rewrite it from scratch?

Feeyo and Ataniiq like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Hey, the Windows version (that worked perfectly when Jakub had it) fails so often now.... Pathetic.

20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

undone gave an update three weeks ago

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.