SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Once we get everything ported over to use the Resourcebox templates, yes. However, in the meantime you can use the What Links Here option at the bottom of the page to see what pages have hyperlinks to whatever page you are on.

That is the plan. Each vendor should have a Vendorbox set it to show what they sell, and then the Query vendor template can be added to each receipe. This will show everywhere you can purchase it. Unfortunately, many vendors have not been uncloned, and few have been entered into the wiki.

I'm seriously considering creating templates for each type of vendor to ease setting them up (i.e., have a {{Vendorbox Blacksmith}} template to prefill all the default items a blacksmith sells, but could also be expanded if a vendor has a specific inventory. There just are not enough hours for me to get this done quickly.

Time Lord and Mishikal like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Can we kill min hp/max hp from the bestiary info? I've yet to find any scene where the same type of mob has variable hit points. I have found one scene where there are two distinct NPCs with the same name that have different hit points, but both types are fixed in the hit points they have. I.e., just have "hp=X"

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Ok, I've depreciated the minhp value, so maxhp will just appear as Hit Points.

Time Lord and Mishikal like this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Hm, I wonder if I'm wrong about this -- Today my dex went up one point, and I left and re-entered the Spectral Mines... Now every mob has more hit points than they have had for the past 2 weeks. So do they self-scale based on the avatar's stats?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And now they're back to what they were... I don't get it. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson

So, it seems to be related to XP pool. Any time I enter Spectral Mines with > 3.2 million XP in my pool, I get the harder mobs. If I enter with only about 3 million XP in my pool, I get the easier mobs. So I guess we do need the min/max for HP, but it's going to be very hard to know what the true "min" is, or the true "max", since it apparently scales by XP pool size. I guess folks can update either end as the find lower/higher values for the NPCs.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

That is... odd. I suppose it works for mines since they are party instanced, but most scenes won't scale that way. I wonder if this is intentional, and if so what scenes will it even be relevant in. @Chris?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If something scales, the "base" value should be the one that goes into wiki. The information or formula for scaling should go on another page about whatever number is being scaled. (For example, demand-based NPC vendor prices.)

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The other odd bit, is the XP reward does /not/ scale. Just the mobs get more difficult. That seems somewhat broken IMHO. I would expect a greater reward for greater effort. Right now, it incentivizes me to keep my XP pool just under the threshold so I can bank XP faster.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The thing is, if someone else was in the same instance with you, how would it know whose XP to look at to increase the mob HP? The mobs are shared throughout the same instance, and won't have different HP for different players. Is it possible that there was an astronomy-related (time, day, etc.) buff on their HP?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That would persist for several real time hours? I would hope not.... I enter/leave throughout the day and can track resets by the lights. I don't find any correlation to anything but the XP pool. I've been XPing purely in the Spectral Mines for over a month, and it wasn't until my XP pool hit a certain spot that I noticed the HP change.

As far as the party question -- It appears to be based on the higher XP pool (my wife had 2.8 million XP and myself 3.2 million) when we went in together last night, and we got the tougher mobs. I had the tougher mobs this morning until I burned off my XP to raise dex another 2 points, and then it went back to the easier mobs.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This also seems to match up with previous statements from the development team that "adventurer level" is determined by the XP pool. So I seem to be hitting a specific cutoff point somewhere around 3.2 million that advances me (and thus the mobs) one level?

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think you're correct. Leaving my XP pool alone, I get the harder mobs when I entered at Dusk on the New Moon. So it could be either night and/or moon based here. I guess this is a change specific to R39, which is why I didn't see it before. ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

correct spelling of Sara Dreygon's name on the onbe list

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Done, thanks for catching that. Hopefully the Spring telethon will be on YouTube soon, I missed the community section. Twitch eats too much bandwidth at home and is blocked at work.

Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's up on youtube now.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks!

Time Lord likes this.
  18. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Is there an easy way to display different items stats so simular items can be easily seen? I would like the create a "food" page that shows all the food, their buffs, and requirements. Something like This Post but much easier to read.

EDIT: already added a Food category and started marking pages with them

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

The category will probably be a start. I can create a general Food page that queries the category and displays each with bonuses. I'll try to get to that in the next couple days.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

I created a Food page which queries the category and displays each type of food and their associated bonuses. I've also populated the category with every food that is currently in the wiki (based on whether it has a bonus with a duration, and is not a potion). Hopefully this is a step toward what you want to see.

In the process, since some foods display up to 6 bonus lines (although none of those are in the wiki yet), I updated the variation query that this uses to show up to six bonus fields. This affects any page that shows different versions of an item, so they will show additional bonuses as well.

Time Lord, Spoon and Duffrey Blake like this.