SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Man, do i love the work you do.

Time Lord and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So I thought I'd throw out some stats. As of today, SotAwiki has:

5,372 content pages (actually 15,165 including all talk pages, redirects, etc)
    5,688 files (mostly images)
    50,055 edits
    534 registered users (only 15 active in the last 30 days)
    6,421,300 total views
    1,359 recipes (many out of date, unfortunately)

I personally have 18,007 edits, which means I account for over 35% of the edits on the wiki

Thanks for your support!

3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great stats! I would love to see more of the community participate in the wiki... it's a public contribution portal after all!

4. Browncoat Jayson

Indeed! Anyone who wants to contribute is most welcome.

Remember, if you are not comfortable with wiki editing (it does have its own syntax), or you just don't have the time, feel free to post here! I'll try to verify and get the updates on the wiki as quickly as possible.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Menchi

Menchi Avatar

Starting to think there might be a need for a template to query vendor recipes and input all the recipes into the vendor pages, or I guess just use
    Code:
    {{Query vendor|Recipe: {{PAGENAME}}}}
    Constantly seeing people ask where they can buy recipes in game and on discord.

Edit: Also, how should I go about tagging something for deletion? f.x if I move something and the redirect isn't needed.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

I did start creating templates for various NPC professions. For example, an Alchemist could use the Vendorbox Alchemist template on their page and automatically have all the default items, including recipes. However, I havn't gotten back to get the rest of the merchant types filled in yet, and I need to go identify all of the vendors and what merchant types they are. Thats a pretty big project.

On the other hand, Chris is thinking about implementing the Elasticsearch integration sometime this week (per his blog), and we could theoretically use that to generate a list of vendors and their goods (both NPC and PC ones). I'm going to have to learn Elasticsearch to do anything like that, so its also not a short term project.

I'm also in the process of trying to get SotAMap integrated into the wiki, but running into issues on that front. I'm hopeful that once these roadbumps are out of the way, the wiki should become much more usable.

Rentier and Time Lord like this.
  7. Menchi

Menchi Avatar

For the past few days I've been updating most of the carpentry recipe's, and only today have I actually taken a look at some of the general recipe's like Wooden Handle, Wooden Binding, Wooden Timber etc. and some of them seem to have the skill requirement and teachable tags, but since maple/pine skill and teachability is not the same as the advanced wooden recipes I'm wondering if I should just remove those tags from the Wooden pages?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Karma where Karma is due. Thanks SOTA Wiki! :)
    I actually didn't even see that this thread existed until today, which goes to show that even a well thread read player as myself just doesn't see everything o_O...
    Odd but true :rolleyes:~TL~

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Just to verify, you mean the Recipe: Pine Handle and the Recipe: Crimson Pine Handle have different skill requirements and teachability? Are they now separate recipes, or do they both still use the Wooden Handle recipe? (Sorry, I havn't looked at many of these for a long time).

Assuming these are actually separate recipes, yes these should be split. The recipe can be removed from Wooden Handle and that can be the catch all for the higher recipes that use "Wooden Handle" as a generic ingredient.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Menchi

Menchi Avatar

Yes, they are a separate recipe with different requirement and teachability.
    Then I can just remove the recipe altogether from f.x. Wooden Handle and just have the Variations on there(and I guess maybe put all Wooden ___ into See Also)?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for all your work!

Serena Strangelove and Time Lord like this.
  12. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

updatet some receipes in cooking with duration and boni

PS: i didn't find the Hamlock Borer (same stats as Emerald Ash borer with no receipess yet)

13. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks! I did add the Hemlock Borer, per your note.

14. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Unfortunately, they are not. Long-term, I'm planning to move each Masterwork or Enchantment into its own page and link these using semantic query. This information is kind of spread out right now. Feel free to edit it as you see fit, and I'll get it cleaned up when I have time to add a new page type that we can query on.

16. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson
    I tried to do the "Tree Bark" - page doing the same as the "Metal Binding"s page but it doesn't seem to work

can you have a look pls

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Well, the metal binding is a generic page for variants of a crafted item. Tree bark is not produced by a recipe, so it needed some tweaks. Basically, the {{query item variation}} function only works for recipes, but {{query item variation name}} does the same thing based on an item name. {{Query recipe}} should work fine for that page, so it returns anything that calls for the generic page. I made sure this would load the bark bread recipe by forcing a refresh, but the other recipes that call for "Tree Bark" (not specifically Maple or Pine Tree Bark) should display automatically after the server refreshes overnight.

Here is a comparison of the changes: http://sotawiki.net/index.php?title=Tree_Bark&diff=50812&oldid=50749

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson
    and i fail again - I tried the Repair Kit to do the same as Metal binding again but it only finds the blacksmithing one not the other two.

(I left the redirect thow so only edit shows my try)

Is there any help on the possible querys ?

I also updated the info on "Kiln" but stumled at the anmimals and possible loot (tried several seperators and then ";" worked.
    Just curious: is there a way to do loot 1-2 not 0-2? It always states "0-"

Thx again for the wholewiki ...

PS: the Tree Bark also only finds one receipe and but not Piece of Canvas Fabric (http://sotawiki.net/sota/Piece_of_Canvas_Fabric)

Alley Oop and Time Lord like this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

You almost had it, I just needed to tweak it a small amount.

There are two queries, and both take the same arguments:
    {{query item variation|ItemName|Category}}
    {{query item variation name|ItemName|Category}}

The ItemName needs to be sanitized, replacing spaces with question marks. If you want to match a partial name, you can also use an asterisk (which is how I fixed the Repair Kit page). Category is optional, but will restrict what pages are included in the result table (I used Crafting on the Repair Kit page to exclude a Recipe page).

When the script was created, there was never a "guaranteed" drop, so the query is coded for 0-x. I'll have to investigate how to add a minimum number to this.