SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I added a column to that table that should populate the required skill level. Currently it is showing zero for every recipe, but I'm not sure if this is due to miscoding or that the values need to populate. I'll verify in the morning, and make any corrections I may need to.

As Mishikal noted, be sure that your proficiency is high enough (mouse over the skill to see your proficiency number). Additionally, most recipes are not discoverable; only if they are listed in the crafting book as reteachable can they be discovered, and I don't see that Haste Potions are listed that way. You will likely need to purchase the recipe first.

Rentier and Ayelis like this.
  2. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

So THAT would explain why I couldn't make a Proficiency 10 Haste potion at Skill Level 13. Well that seems arbitrary. Why have two indicators for a single skill? How is literally everyone not confused?
    Are all these arbitrary sliding-scale variables why Garriott never got around to adding Virtues to the game? :eek: #shotsfired #comeatme #keepitsimple

3. Browncoat Jayson

Oh, believe me, I know. I've even suggested a solution. Hopefully it become simpler soon.

Ayelis likes this.
  4. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

What proficiency do you need to be to craft Animal Collar? I only ask because I've got 27 in Tailoring currently, my Scissors are equipped and unbroken, and I've got an Iron Binding and 2 Cotton Cloth Straps on the table right now, and the Craft button won't magically light up, but the article says there's no proficiency requirement...

I acquired the majority of my Butchering and Cooking recipes by throwing ingredients at an empty table. Can you only do this with certain tables? Is Tailoring not one of those? Do I need to save up for a recipe for this? My Taming skill is vastly undernourished because of the dearth of pet shop salespeople in Novia.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

well - the info on sotawiki is still work in progress, so it may be it is not a Re-Teachable recipe so you can't do it "blind"

all crafting stations have Re-Teachable recipes that you can uncover

sadly Taming is nothing for the new char

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@liz_the_wiz has suggested that reteachable may NOT be the same thing as discoverable, which will make things much more confusing if true.

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

wow that would be a boomer

as far as i have come all Re-Teachables were disvcoverable - but I am not through with all sotawiki Re-Teachable recipes yet

8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Glad to see you guys getting involved in the wiki! Let me know if there are any new or updated articles we should be sharing on social...

Rentier likes this.
  9. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

frozen tear of titans is a handheld thing like the ankh of wala, specifics are in corp por's artifact thread
    edit: actually, more like gaia's heart. don't know if it counts as a bludgeon like the ankh does.

chaos pollen is use for chaotic corruption poison

Spoon and Rentier like this.
  11. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

thx for the info - will update the pages when I am awake again

12. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

13. Browncoat Jayson

I havn't used poison, so I don't know how it even looks in-game. If you could post a screenshot of the poison item and its spell effect, I'll see what I can do to get it matching.

I did modify the damage, as it was throwing an error. To show a range, use mindamage=4 and damage=10, and it will print as 4-10.

Rentier likes this.
  14. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I also dont use poison as an archer so i depended on the forums info from here

15. Browncoat Jayson

I added a "duration" variable, and modified the existing bonuses to match the screenshot. Hopefully this will work for most poisons, but let me know if you come across one that is different.

Rentier likes this.
  16. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

17. Browncoat Jayson

Havn't really thought about it, but we could use something like the loot tables. I'll look into this when I have a few minutes.

Generally, you shouldn't need to populate the icon variable, as it it will automatically use the file if it is named correctly. I don't know if we have the gland icon uploaded; I'll see if its in the list of files I have.

If you know something already has the same icon, but it is named differently, there are two ways to handle it. You can manually enter the other file name in the icon= variable, or you can create a redirect page for the file name. For example, if the gland used the same icon as a Venom Sack (I know it doesn't, but just for example), you could create File:Corpion_Poison_Gland_icon.png as a page instead of uploading a file, and use #REDIRECT[[File:Venom_Sack_icon.png]] as the content. Then, whatever pointed to the gland icon would use the venom sack icon instead. (The reason I bring that up, is the wiki will try to block uploading duplicate images. Therefore, redirectors are great and allow up to use common file names instead of item-specific ones. Just FYI.)

Spoon and Rentier like this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

I created a new template for use in bundles, so you can show what can be found in each. Its similar to the Creature and Resource tables, except that I'm experimenting with two values to show a range of values.

For example, the Grey Supply Bundle now has this code:
    Code:
    {{Bundleboxtop}}
    {{Bundlebox
    |name=Supply Bundle (Grey)
    |yield=0 1 Brown Cap Mushroom;0 1 Carrot;0 1 Coconut;0 1 Map of Ardoris;0 1 Poison Potion;0 1 Recipe: White Iron Longsword Blade;0 1 Short Bread Loaf;0 1 Smelling Salts;0 1 Trout
    }}
    {{Bundleboxbottom}}
    It can return zero or one of each of the included items (and many more, I'm sure). I've added the code to the other bundle pages, so we just need to populate the content as we get reports.

One bug I ran into tho, is that if the minimum quantity is not a single-digit number, it doesn't display the item link correctly. I'll look at fixing this when I have time to troubleshoot.

Rentier and Spoon like this.
  19. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Thx alot will see if i open my stashed supply bundles :D

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  20. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

After i made my alternate char i rediscover the cooking recipes and update all the recipes i cook atm (all re-treachable ones are still findable by packing the ingredients in the cooking station)

Updated Cooking recipes for (as far as i have knowledge of them)
    Components - done
    Consumable - Non-Combat (work in progress)

listed ones are done:

Food(s) - Buff time Health and/or Focus (+ STR/DEX/INT) buff
    • 1min
    Sugar Cookies
    • 15min
    Piece of White Cake,
    Pumpkin Soup,
    Piece of Pumpkin Pie
    • 20min
    Banana Bread,
    Garlic Cheese Bread,
    Bark Bread,
    Mutton Stew
    • 40min
    Baked Trout,
    Baked Salmon,
    Sauted Bass
    • 1h
    Fish Stew,
    Chicken Potpie,
    Beef Potpie,
    Iolo's Cat Gut Goulash
    (and added the missing fish fillet page http://sotawiki.net/sota/Fish_Fillet)
    • 1h (+)
    Darkstarr Fried Oysters,
    Brace of Lapine,
    Garlic Chicken,
    Rabbit Stew,
    Dupre's Duck Stew,
    Darkstarr Smoked Duck,
    Gorn's Venison Roast,
    Grannus Beef Stew,
    Chaox Pork and Beef Loaf,
    Venison Stew,
    • 2h (+)
    Bear Steak and Potatoes,
    Crocodile Skewers,
    Corpion Claw Potato Salad,
    Grilled Corpion Tail,
    Wolf and Lamb Chops,
    Spider Soup,

Spider Legs with Garlic Butter
    • 4h (+)
    Bear Surprise,
    Obsidian Bear Stew,
    Venison Surprise,
    Obsidian Venison Loaf,
    Wolf Surprise,
    Obsidian Wolf Chops

ok i missed the Ardoris coleslew, but i'm out of ingredients... until nexttime
    will edit over time (couldn't update Proficiency lvls because they are only shown if you can't do them and already know the recipe...)

@Browncoat Jayson is there a way to set all or selectable pages for food as itemtype "Consumable - Non-Combat" as the new type they introduced in the last releases?
    some of the components are the new "Refined Material" e.g. non-placable ones like Butter, Crackling Oil, Pie Dough, etc or "Decoration" when placeable

Sidenote:
    Starter Recipes for path of courage as of R45:
    "Bark Bread" and "Jack-o'-lantern" both need proficiency of 40 now (staring proficiency is 22.4 with 10 skillpoints)
    after crafting them Bark Bread get's Re-Teachable and the Jack-o'-lantern goes Teachable

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017