SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Thanks for taking the time to update those!

We do have a bot that can update pages, but we'd have to ask @Fenyx4 to run it for us. Otherwise I can just go through and manually edit them when I have time.

I'm currently creating text files for all of the missing merchant data. I'm about halfway through the list, and its extensive. So expect a huge number of merchant NPCs to be added soon....

Rentier likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson
    carcass-pages updated (prices went way up..up to 4times as before for normal carcasses not obsidians though ?!?)

but the navbox carcass does not show the obsidian carcasses, stag, wolf, bear and crocodile
    carcasses

and is it possible to do a navbox meat for all their meat? I tried to do the same as for the tree bark or fillet page here (http://sotawiki.net/sota/Meat) but there is no use of meat as is so this might be the wrong approach - better to do a navbox?

3. Browncoat Jayson

@Rentier If you want to add them to the navbox, you just need to edit the Template:Navbox Carcass. You could use that as a basis for creating a new navbox too, if you'd like.

I think the Meat variation page you created looks great, but I could see a use for a navbox too. I havn't really got that far, since we've been missing so many pages. Feel free to experiment if you'd like.

Rentier likes this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Done

Rentier likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

I have some questions on monster data, and forgive me if this has been discussed already somewhere; its the first time I've looked into editing sotawiki...

First, there are scenes where there are multiple versions of a monster with the same name, but each with a different XP return and a different hp total. So in Boreas Colossus, for instance, you have Ghosts at 2,250 XP with 717 hp, 1,250 XP with 366 hp, and 800 XP with 185 hp. The Slimes are more varied, because they're random, so I've seen Slimes with at least four different hp values and XP returns. The Creaturebox template doesn't let you put in a range for either of these. So should these different versions be listed separately in the table, or should the template be modified to allow a range for XP and hp?

Second, is there a convention yet for listing the loot chance of things like artifacts, supply bundles, potions, potion recipes?

Rentier likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

We could list those separately in the table, but as far as I know it has not been discussed. Frankly, until recently I dont think its even been an issue.

Artifacts and Supply Bundles are global rares on high-tier humanoids. They can certainly be added to each creature we find them on, but right now we dont have a better system.

I'll get in touch with other admins and see if they have any preferences.

Rentier and redfish like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

slimes have another problem: some split and some don't, and that's not just a matter of the little ones don't split because they can't get any smaller. coral and gold slimes don't split either.

Rentier likes this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It would really be nice to have a page for seed vendors, that you can go to and quickly find what vendors in what towns sell specific seeds. I.e., http://sotawiki.net/sota/Seed_Vendors or the like. I've started my own list, but rather have it available on sotawiki. ;)

10. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

then do the page if u have the information or get the info to Browncoat Jayson to add it - I am not into vendors....yet

11. Browncoat Jayson

I'm working on vendors myself. First I need to get the NPCs populated, then I'll create the type pages that list all of them.

It's a huge amount of data. I'm getting the images converted to text, cleaning it up, and turning it into wiki form. I'll try to get at least some of them up this week.

Mishikal and Rentier like this.
  12. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I have a little time on my hands for the next few weeks to add/edit things in SotA Wiki. As I am exploring other things in and out of game during September, I am using the Wiki more and more.

When I see things missing / incorrect, I am editing the Wiki. As I cannot personally verify everything in game that I might add (I'm only a fisherman by golly!!), I am adding the {{verify}} tag/template to the top of article.

I did this for Obsidian Potion of Unlearning and it's parent document Obsidian Potions.

Key Commands support: I also want to make an alternate version of the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Commands page, one that is in table format.
    • Portalarium' Quick Reference Card: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Quick-Reference-Card.pdf
    • I seek to consolidate and verify all the key commands to support Portalarium's Quick Reference Card (PDF) first compiled by @Sir Stile Teckel - Excellent document, yet now out of date.
    • I can PDF produce the Quick Reference Card via excel/word to PDF once I/other verify all the key commands.
    • Using SotAWiki to consolidate and verify the commands is a great place to start and keep the Reference Card up to date!

I hope I am helping SotAWiki in the right direction. Am I?

Paladin Michael and Rentier like this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Looks ok, @Winfield. We can review items you mark to verify.

At least in R44, this was "Obsidian Item of Unlearning", not a potion. I'll try to check this tonight. All of those vendors are getting a pass this week anyway, so that should help clear this up.

We do something similar for the Emotes page, so I see no problem having a table version of this on the Commands page too.

Rentier likes this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Okay, I can list those all separately in the mean time, but its going to look very redundant. If there were some difficulty rating on enemies it might be a little cleaner, so you could say "Ghost (Level 5)." If the admins ever decide to allow ranges for XP and hp, though, let me know, since I can do the template coding.

The thing about artifacts is I'm not sure how they work in the game. Some seem to have a different chance to drop one, but this might be determined by the mob level. I don't know if some are more likely to drop certain types than others. I've been fighting Imps, and they seem to drop every type, though some more commonly.

For potions and recipes, some mobs drop a large range. Imps drop many types, Mimics drop even more so. It seems to me, to be information complete, you'd need to create potion and recipe drop tables for every mob type.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. Browncoat Jayson

I just finished putting up a set of Sandbox pages for all of the NPCs from the Shard: R44 images. Now that they are all nice and wikified, I can start moving them to their own articles. Probably not today tho, my fingers are exhausted.

I'll try to take some time soon to noodle on how to handle global drops and variable-level NPCs.

Rentier likes this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson What do we do about generic named merchant NPCs? For example, there are at least two merchants in Central Brittany that sell seeds named "Farmer". In Celestis, there is now a merchant that sells seeds that only has a name of "Merchant".

Rentier likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

We should use the current name, plus the scene, and if necessary, an identifier. So "Farmer (Central Brittany - Pumpkins)" or something like that. Once the NPCs are uncloned, we can move the pages as necessary.

I'll be splitting out the merchants soon. Busy weekend for us, but hopefully Monday.

Mishikal and Rentier like this.
  18. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Rentier and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

not sure that pumpkins is a good identifier, since they both sell a lot of items. Could do Farmer - (coordinates), those would be unique to each, and also put the coordinates in the vendor info box

Rentier likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Rentier likes this.