SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson Please also fix the SSL cert for sotawiki. :)

An error occurred during a connection to www.sotawiki.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'll see what I can put together.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

That... is outside my realm. I'll let our host know. Thanks!

Rentier likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

I created a Plant Info template that will show watering times and yield per watering, if provided. Water time is in seconds, and yield is with all 4 waters.

{{Plant_Info
    |water=14400 //4 hours
    |yield=8}} //8 ingredients with 4 waters

Adding yield1 through yield3 will show the yield with 1 to 3 waters. Unfortunately, the table you linked to shows the watering time based in a greenhouse, where we should probably show the base watering time. This would allow users to see regular time and calculate time in a basement or greenhouse, since those are simple multiples.

I don't know if this is better shown on the page for the seed, or the page for the plant grown from that seed. I'm leaning toward the plant page.

Right now this is a single number, but my guess is this will need to become a range of values at some point.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Hm, I would think watering time would go with the seed, because that's what is getting watered, not the plant, which is the result once the seed has finished growing. ;) I.e., if I'm going to be farming, I'd personally expect to know how often I need to water a seed to be stored with it, rather than the finished product. ;)

6. Browncoat Jayson

By that logic tho, there would be four variations of each plant, based on how often you watered the seed, which seems wrong. It also ignores at what point the seed becomes a plant, as it does graphically change throughout the period.

Basically, I don't want players to look up "How many pieces of Raw Cotton do I get from a Cotton Bush?" and need to look back at the seed page to figure it out. Players can encounter plants that they did not grow themselves. It may make sense for farmers to know the end result based on the seed, but thats an easy query to add.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson Also, the yield in that thread is an average... We may want to actually track the range (i.e., 15-19 for some plants, etc). The only one I know is fixed (at 4 waters), is pumpkins, which always gives 4 pumpkins, no range.

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There is only ever one plant. How much it *yields* (stored with the plant) depends on how often the seed was watered. Watering schedule still belongs with the seed.

Personally, I suggest folks use something like https://www.sotalore.com/farming if they want to track their watering schedule.

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great work keeping SotAWiki.net updated!

10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

11. Browncoat Jayson

There is, actually. In the "Infobox Item", add lines of "|craftskill=Smelting" and "|craftrecipe={{PAGENAME}}" (or if the recipe is different, the name of the recipe without the "Recipe:" prefix). This adds text to the infobox, like "This item is craftable using the Smelting recipe of Recipe: Antique Clay Pot."

Rentier and Mishikal like this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Great, thanks!

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

14. Browncoat Jayson

Not sure. It looks like something is causing a second subpage if the cotton strap page. I'll have to try tracking it down when I have time.

15. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson I created a bunch of items today for all the missing ones on http://sotawiki.net/sota/Albert_Lock

However some don't have icons stored on sotawiki. Also, I made up names for the multiple Paintings. Wasn't sure what else to do for them. ;) Be nice if they had their icons though. :)

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I added reference screenshots for all but one of them, so that should help folks if they want to know what they look like. I know I have the last one up somewhere, just haven't found it yet. ;)

18. Browncoat Jayson

I should have all the icons, but I'm out if town until tomorrow morning. I'll try to get some uploaded by tomorrow afternoon.

Mishikal likes this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The infobox for NPCs allows you to enter coordinates for their location. Unfortunately, all it really accepts is the coordinates of the location of their scene. It would probably be good to clarify that. ;) I was putting in the coordinates of where they existed in the scene (which seemed more logical) but that just puts an arrow off on the world map of those coordinates, rather than their location within their scene.

20. Browncoat Jayson

It should be their coordinates within the scene, but most scenes do not have maps. Without one, it displays the over world map by default.

We either need all the official maps, which will be post-launch, or Jakub will need to help us integrate SotAMap, and he has not been available for several months.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Mishikal like this.