SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I did a sheet with the Material bonuses out of sotawiki and then added some infos from for R48-screens in the AERIE fund https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-crafting-competition-charity-auction.104402/

it looks like this
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTcQ2-Vjim-DBQQsSwcFMqCzMwviVgB-ON8cdRbn_y0/edit?usp=sharing

so i am missing a lot (the color of the cells is indicating a increase (green) or a decrease (orange) in the given amount of the bonus)

and it could be used to update sotawiki manually

but the needed format for importing it, we need to poke @Browncoat Jayson if it is possible to make an importer or use a file directly
    AFAIK it is a per Ressource/item manual setting when editing it in the sotawiki page (pain to update...)

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think what we are looking for is something that shows what bonuses each material component would provide. Something like:
    Code:
    Copper Binding
    +0.1% Weapon Damage

White Iron Hilt
    +0.5 Weapon Damage
    +0.2% Damage Avoidance

etc
    There are so many different materials, its hard to get all of them updated. By the same token, the different skill levels would be great to get an export of as well; as redfish noted earlier. Each skill at level 1, and then every 10 (10, 20, 30... 200) would be exceptional.

Unfortunately, we don't have an importer, however we do have a bot. Depending on how many things need to change, it might be easy to do this in one pass or it might need to be done as one-offs. I'd have to do queries to see for sure.

hroth and Rentier like this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Rentier likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Rentier and Mishikal like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Thanks! Unfortunately, the mix of it being a house seems to break its ability to link back to the crafting recipe. :/

6. Browncoat Jayson

Yep, the Infobox Housing does not make it an item. I threw a Infobox Item in there for the actual house deed, so it should link correctly.

Rentier, Mishikal and Meridyn like this.
  7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Figured I'd throw this here...

Did you guys know that there is a very small group of people that pay to keep the SotA Wiki running? you can patreon the Ultima Codex to help with the costs... did you also know that 60% of sotawiki's traffic comes from searches for information on SotA? In the last week alone we have seen over 2500 page hits due to people using search engines to get information from in-game content.

[​IMG]

Last year I did a bit of a push to get UC some funding and it didn't really go all so well. I'm reminded again this year as I see so many people asking for cash for different reasons... maybe toss some money AND TIME toward the largest database of all things sota.

SotA Wiki could really use YOUR help in updating information... it's extremely easy to edit/update a wiki page. Release is around the corner and the more accurate we get the wiki the better it will be for new players who look for information online.

If you want some other pretty amazing numbers how about this type of traffic load all without running a single advertisement (p.s. wiki admins and elevated editors are excluded from this data):
    In 2016, if we look at people who went to SotA Wiki, searched something, then clicked a search result, while not running an adblock or being logged in as admin, and spent more than 10 seconds on the page we find that there were 46,000+ pageviews and 26,129 unique pageviews. You know what that means? Nearly half of our traffic is from return visitors and half is from first time visitors. We had around 5,062 unique IP addresses visit sotawiki in 2017. We had 14,031 UNIQUE non-bounce (when you click a link, and visit a page then click back on your browser without interacting with that website... it's called a "bounce" as you only visited a single page) sessions. That means we average at least 3 visits per IP address.

Figured I'd share some success and how to get ahold of new users and grow the community for those who are interested. People are using sotawiki but I fear a lot of the data has fallen out of date. It could use a lot of updating...

Here's how to get started:
    Also, @Browncoat Jayson is an active admin that is very helpful in getting people started.

Anyway, figured I'd throw out some stats like I do most years... oh, and the fun one: 1153 recipe edits were made in 2017 so recipes are getting updated but still a ways to go for recipes to actually be updated to their latest versions it appears!

8. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson
    I updated the Bone Armor and Bone Plate pages but i found no stat for the Damage Resistance Max-Modifier of the armor (and i dont know what the damage absorption value is...)
    Can you please have a look into this...

Thx
    Rentier
    PS: I gave the plates their Bonuses 1 and 2 (they only stated the bindings bonuses but i have not crafted any plate armor so i can't say if the bindings bonuses transferred over to the metal enforced bone plates...

9. Browncoat Jayson

I don't have any bone armor either, but I'll see what I can find. Its definitely on my to-buy list!

10. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson
    I did craft them (all parts of the bone armor and all sorts of metal enhanced bone plates) and put their stats in the wiki but as i said the Max Damage Resistance isn't shown - maybe because this value doesn't exist in the Infobox item... (i named it dmaxresistance and it should be a %-value )

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

12. Browncoat Jayson

13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a bowstring of speed, too, and that doesn't have a page
    but that one is named bowstring properly. that doesn't show in the list either.

Rentier likes this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Meteoric_Iron_Binding

The recipe link wants to go to "Recipe: Metal Binding", which is wrong, but I think this may be involved with the way generic recipe ingredients work, so I don't want to touch it without understanding how that works. Or it could just be the result of a dumb script adding recipe links based on the wrong thing.

16. Browncoat Jayson

The query is just showing variations of a recipe name, not an item name. Since the new components are not created through crafting, they are not showing in the list.

The only way to show these new ones would be to use the name search query, but that will also return every crafted bow with "bow string" in the name. I've been wanting to move all of the crafted goods out of the main namespace so they don't muddy up the search results anyway, so this might be what I'll end up doing to fix this. Its not going to be quick, but I'll see what I can do.

This is a holdover from the older recipe system, where there was an actual recipe for Metal Binding that had different results using different metals. That was changed a long time ago, so there are separate recipes for each type (however, some recipes still call for a generic "Metal Binding" component, which just means it will take any of the variations).

I fixed this to point to the correct recipe name.

Elwyn and Rentier like this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

In order for this, and other tier 3 components, to show up I've manually added them to the correct page. You should now be able to view the Bow String, Metal Hilt, and Wooden Handle pages and see the new drops. I still need to add the various new blades, but I'll get to that once I get a better list.

Rentier, Mishikal and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

thanks a lot for that

is there a way we can contribute to your 'better list'?

19. Browncoat Jayson

I'm still looking for stats on a few, and even confirmed item names on some. Here's what I've seen so far:
    Not listed in the notes directly, but also includes:
    I'm assuming the missing items are "Bandit Dagger Blade", "Bandit Short Sword Blade", "Bandit Spear Head", "Heavy Halberd Head", "Heady Two-handed Hammer Head", "Sturdy Axe Blade", "Sturdy Hammer Head" and "Sturdy Mace Head", but I'd love confirmation. Stats on those would be excellent as well. On that end, stats on some of the salvagable items (Elven Koncerz, Bandit Dagger, etc) would be good too.

20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's also a plain "elven bow string" (not sure whether it has a space in bowstring or not, on wrong computer) yes to space

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017