SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

We do have {{Infobox MW}}, which I've used to populate a few of the effects on masterworks and enchants. I'd think it should work for this as well.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

So does anyone know what an Embry's Harp does? The page lacks any information at all. If nobody knows what it does, or if it does nothing useful, then even saying that would be useful information. All I know is that it qualifies as an artifact, because I got a woosh when I found one last week.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Embry's_Harp

EDIT: never mind, it's in the info box. I'll add some body text about it anyhow.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's on the list, but it might be one of the ones that only applies to party members rather than the player.

Rentier likes this.
  4. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay so this is what I have thus far...

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Intoxication#Effect

Until it's really defined in game and I can add more stuff I am not certain if the infobox is ideal or not.

Synergy Blaize and Rentier like this.
  5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

AFAIK Intoxication does increas pugilism and str but decreases Int but I have not drunk any beverage yet myself ....

6. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay I think I discovered an issue. When I created the "florist" in Brittany Alley just now. I realized that the pricing for the "Rose Bouquet" and the "Rose Flower Arrangement" were incorrect. So I corrected the pages individually and refreshed my page and while it fixed the bouquet it did not fix the arrangement price in fact it weirdly doubled the weight or something. Can someone check it out? http://sotawiki.net/sota/Florist_(Brittany_Alleys)#Sells

edit: I notice that bucket of water is the same error

7. Browncoat Jayson

You'll notice that there are two tags on some items. The "value" us what shows in your inventory. Normally, this is half what NPCs sell them for. If that is not the case, it can be overwrote by using the "sell price" tag. It looks like you changed the value on buckets of water to "2", and the sell price is 4 (which has no real effect). I think you meant to leave the value at 0 and change the sell price instead.

Sorry, I'm not at home today, but I'll check it out tomorrow when I can.

Elwyn, Rentier and Alley Oop like this.
  8. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

You going to have to look at it unfortunately. I changed the sell price to "2" and the listing on the vendor still says "4"

9. Browncoat Jayson

Looks like it refreshed now. If you edit an item, the query won't update until the overnight process runs. If you want to see it early, edit the vendor and save (no changes needed) to force the query to reload

Rentier and WeirDave like this.
  10. Verit

Verit Avatar

Just wanted to poke my head in and give a big THANK YOU to Jayson and everyone that works on the wiki. :)

Browncoat Jayson and Rentier like this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Thank you!

I went in to look at these, and updated the Infobox to be more textual. The Effect section would be where we talk about mechanical changes (with numbers, where we can), so things like "Causes 30% blur of the screen, adds +10 Pugilism skill", with the ranges. I'll get to that eventually. Let me know what you think.

Verit and Rentier like this.
  12. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay I get what you're doing... it will look better when we have some actual numbers. However, I tried in vain to force this into the Damage Avoidance page ( http://sotawiki.net/sota/Damage_Avoidance) and I am not happy with the results. I feel like the infobox should be a quick glance summary of stuff and the body of the page should contain details on the data.

Not sure how to make this fit across the board but we have many "effects" that are not yet defined or their pages created... I would work on this but I think we need to create some direction (ie a template ) that fits these better. I had already roped together some of them that I found thus far in the "effects" category: (http://sotawiki.net/sota/Category:Effects) but I am 100% sure we have truckload more...

Rentier likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Yeah, I agree. I copied the template over to Infobox Effect so we can modify it to get what we want. I updated Damage Avoidance to try to show the gist of the ability, and I do think that looks better. The Effect section can then just be a table of values, as we find them (i.e., at DA10, +2% Dodge, +1% Glancing Blow; not real numbers). I'm sure someone has done the math on many of these already.

Rentier likes this.
  14. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Yeah that's awesome, I dig the Damage Avoidance one... sweet now we just need the values.. lol I will try and dig thru and find more of them and add them to the category

Rentier likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

light and dark sylvan bowstrings are not showing up on the bow string page variation query because they read "Bowstring" not "Bow String". just checked in game, the items do actually say "Bow String".

Rentier, Jaesun and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  16. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Man I hit a motherload project I may work on later today... http://sotawiki.net/sota/Book_Pattern this is a hot mess! We need to rethink this one. I think it should be treated a bit like a recipe where you can see what vendors carry the pattern etc. What say you?

Rentier likes this.
  17. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

I added the "vendor query" to the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Pattern:_Aerie_Book because I was looking where the heck I could get these patterns and I suspect there are way more than what we have listed. As soon as we agee on how we want to line up these pages I will take a trip to the vendor and get these fixed up. As a side note I started this out while feeling inspired to create a book of some of my poetry in game. The livestream they just did said there is a "poetry" cover pattern but we don't have that listed yet. SO anyway....

Rentier likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

it looks like each pattern has an image, but it might be nice to link the multi-book images from update 121 to the overall page so people don't have to click through each one to see what it looks like

Jaesun, Rentier and WeirDave like this.
  19. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

20. Browncoat Jayson

It looks like that one was set up when we just had a single item search. It should be changed to show just a list of patterns, not like a crafted item list with bonuses.

Crafted Book probably can just be changed to a redirect to Blank Book. I don't think the patterns have been touched since they were first added to the game.

Jaesun and WeirDave like this.