SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Seems to be resolved now. Try forcing a cache refresh (Ctrl+F5) if it still won't load.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Jay Nord and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is still happening, and also hearing this from various other players. Even doing a CTRL+F5. Connecting to the site is just REALLY slow.

I also keep getting this on occasion:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@sotawiki.spamspamspamhumbug.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I just got this error now when I trying to open the main page in a new tab.

Additionally, Winston made some new pages for the various contests that are held every month, so the server might also be under a lot more load(?).

4. Browncoat Jayson

I've got our host looking into it. It's really intermittent. The load is up, but that shouldn't have a lot to do with this. I'll let you know what I hear.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

And some info from Aleksander from Discord:
    [​IMG]

6. Browncoat Jayson

Well, that is a YouTube script, so we don't have control over that one. I'll put it in the mix tho.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Template:Infobox Item page is missing some information in the Parameters section for value. If you put the value of -1, it will then put the No Trade in the items property. I didn't know this until I accidently stumbled upon that. This is information on the page is missing. I cannot edit that page.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok the wiki has been loading a LOT more stable lately. I'm still getting this one error, but it's.. random, and only occasionally:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@sotawiki.spamspamspamhumbug.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If you need more info/information for this, just let me know. I can try to help.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm slowly going through and cleaning up all the regional pages on the Novia continent, specifically just to provide some accurate and basic useful information for each one. They list Adventuring Areas, NPC Towns, PRT, POT and Landmarks.

So far I have Grunvald and Elysium done. I'll be slowly updating the rest. Hopefully this can at least help people to find various towns and areas a bit more.

Edit: Perennial Coast, Norgard, Drachvald, Quel, Verdantis, Cantabrigia, Rostfelt done.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Turk Key and that_shawn_guy like this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

This one seems to be an intermittent connection error on the host server. I've let the hosting company know so they can investigate.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Using "value=-1" should make it "No Value", but "notrade=1" should add the "No Trade" tag. I'm sure there are other things I forgot to add to this document page, as I tend to just tweak the code until it works and then move on.

To modify the instructions, you can go to the bottom of the page and click the Template:Infobox Item/doc link. When I have time, I'll go through the Item template and see what else needs to be added to this.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Could you possibly add an option in the Preferences>Appearance Skin that would allow you to load a different background image, instead of the skull image, and just be a completely black image?

The default skull image is totally fine and looks good, however for me, the lighter grey areas of that image make it completely impossible for me to read the text of links that are the dark blue color on that grey background area. I literally have to highlight that section to even be able to read it. If there was an option to load a completely black image, this would just help me see better. Again, this is just me, it's probably fine for everyone else. Just a suggestion if you have some time. Thanks!

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There's a template named Template:Salvage Chance that has a field to place a chance= variable (like chance=100). But this variable isn't displayed when using this template. Probably because the chance value, if present, isn't present in the Template:Salvageboxtop text?

By destroying this item using the {{#if:{{{skill|}}}|[[{{{skill}}}]]|}} skill of [[Salvage Item]], you have a (if present chance variable) chance to obtain the following:

I think this is where the chance variable would be displayed, but that part is missing in the code. Just wondering in that's something you could look into? Thank you!

14. Shotglass

Shotglass Avatar

[​IMG]
    Image contains recipe dropped from Cabalist for Bonesteel Crown relating to quest item of same name for deco or item use.

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

image is not viewable.
    (google drive is terrible for image hosting. even if you get the permissions right some accounts have a bug where they'll only show when the account owner is logged in.)

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Post a picture in the shroud discord in the #screen-shots-for-attachments channel there. Then link the image from there. If you need further help with this, just ask.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Sorry its taken so long to get back to this. I'm not sure what this template was supposed to do, but yes it would require a separate heading to function. However, I believe there are multiple things factoring into "chances" for salvaging, so I'm not sure if a single percent would be useful. Sometimes this would be 100%, but usually it would depend on the skill of the character, what type of item it is (crafted vs quest vs standard), and how many possibilities of things you could get (there is a better chance to get a pattern than a component, for example).

Anpu likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

@Coswald_Dirthmire received an ONBE today, 7/15.
    (if you're editing that page to add him, can you fix the spelling of extraordinaire on number 63?)

Adam Crow and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  19. Alley Oop

20. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

I altered the template for the "get it in the crown store" section and button. Now it will say items are bought ingame, and if you click on the button, instead of sending to ShroudoftheAvatar.com store (which most items aren't sold there anymore) it will link to the wiki page for the crown shop.
    The Crown store wiki page needs to have a button/link added to direct to purchasing COTOs. I'll see what I can do, but IDK the font used for the buttons, is there a packet for that?

Also, I noticed the COTO prices of items aren't current with the ingame shop, will work on those.
    Question, where an item is shown with it's weight/value, is the value what a merchant would pay for the item?

Coswald_Dirthmire and Winfield like this.