Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SOUND...

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi folks,

I've had sound issues from the start with SOTA. In the end I spent $20 on a commercial sound booster, just for SOTA, which works OK-ish.

The issues I have are mainly volume and balance related -

- Generally whether with headphones or desk speakers I *was up in the late 90%+ volume range to get a decent sound. I don't mean loud, I mean just to hear things such as footsteps and ambient backgrounds. Footsteps were barely audible, if at all, even at extreme volumes.
    *the sound booster has helped here enormously, but can be fussy, can crash and I'd rather not use it tbh, as I don;t need it for any other game.

- the other thing, which is quite a pain to be honest (and may be related to the footsteps issue) is different sound streams/channels'samples seem to be hugely out of balance with each other; some sounds are deafening - rushing water in gentle rivers for instance (which I know is being looked at) whereas other sounds are barely noticeable.

Until I acquired the sound booster, I didn't realise how many immersive ambient sounds there were in the game as I basically could't hear them for years.

NB: I have no sound issues with other games.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The game currently is in desperate need of just a basic sound pass. If anything, just a sound pass on all of the completely deafening river sound emitters.

But this is probably on the schedule of things to do, but I can only hope it does come somewhat soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.