South Boundless Forest - Tamer Quest

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Weins201, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why is it when I try and do quest I am made to feel like a total schmuck?

I find the notes with the new Blessing Quests and figure why the hell not, lets see about the tamer one?

So I head out to the South Boundless Forest, I wander around and find a Stag totem that spins - spin it around look for a note see if it says anything and nope just spins . . . .

Ok wander around more and find the Halls of eating on the Map. I also see on the map the Stag Totem which I just ran by and looking all over the spots on the map I see there is a Bear Totem. While in the Halls of eating I see some hand paintings one has a swirl at the top and hands bottom left and right. Also more hand paintings in the area show the swirl above the Stag, left hand for the boar, right hand for the wolf, and bottom hand for the Bear. While in the halls I find a passage blocked by roots. Now since I KNOW there is a quest in the area this is what I figure out. I think I am somewhat intelligent and I infer that that means North, south, east, and west and I go back out and turn the Totems to North for the Stag and south for the Bear. I can not find any totems for Boars or wolves. I did find a few boars and wolves and thought maybe there is a totem for them in the are but did not find one.

So with the stag facing north and the bear facing south I go back into the Halls and walk to the roots and I can still not pass.

In the end I am here once again posting about how (no real nice way to say it) stupid quests are. The "hints" are hit or miss. The only reason I had any reason to even look for a quest was that it was read about them on the forums. There was no lead in or hint anywhere in this scene. Nothing to point me in any direction except for the symbols and two totems. Again no linkage and the only reason I would even assume a quest was because the notes said so.

I again an now here going to look for a spoiler. And in the end I will porb see it is really easy but not because I figured anything out but because someone else has stumbled upon the solution and posted them.

This is really sad.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

an dof course there is this once you find it - again I am a soldier I have very strong land navigation skills and have used them for years in many situations but my inteligence is useless in this game.

Spoiler
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...asure-hunts-spoilers.61625/page-4#post-970567

this again is not hard but there is NOTHING in the area that points ot this I have no dea how it was figured out nor where the othe toems are but am now going to go back an finish a quest not because I am intelligent or the game helped me but because I was firced to come and look for hints on the forums.

sad - very sad.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So in the end it was pretty easy quests - but why did whoever figured it out understand that the swirl meant sun rise? If there were more cave painting or note or anything I could have solved it without having to come here and look. Sure I could have tried each combination over and over and would have eventually figured it out but I still would have NEVER correlated it to sun rise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.