Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

South Midmaer Way: Great potential for this scene!

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

South Midmaer Way is another new scene that has spectacular views, great ideas and puzzles (that I haven't solved yet) and looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I have the impression that things aren't finished yet: there is no indication (through change of cursor color) that Satyrs and Fauns can be spoken to, and there is a population of NPCs that can't be addressed at all. The addition of dialogues will liven up the place a lot.

There are some beautiful new (to me) assets like vases in the scene. I hope that they will be made available as deco some day.

The little side dungeons are excellent for new characters to explore, and they make me want to collect the key stones (haven't found them yet).

I love the airship with the relic hunters. It would be wonderful if at least one of the relic hunters would drop some kind of a relic not found elsewhere, even if it were something not valuable similar to the "small odd skull" found in Owl's Nest. The stateroom of the airship looks fantastic (I would move in if you'd let me) and I love the rough wooden table with the map on it and the dagger stuck in it. It would be great to have the ability to decorate a house with a map on a table like that (if that is already possible, someone let me know!)

There are few mobs or resources in the wide reaches between the populated parts of the scene. There are huge areas of rocky terrain around the edges that can be explored but there is nothing there. Just now I was walking through such an area in the mountains near the airship and because there was nothing to find I started to run, hoping there would be something around the next rock, and Poof! I ran off the edge of the scene without intending to and landed in Novia. In it's current state, the scene is fascinating for a one-time visit, but it is not attractive for low-level resource farmers to return to it once it has been explored. A bit more wouldn't hurt.

In general (for all scenes), it would be nice to have some random chest or loot item hidden away in the natural terrain, like between some rocks, not visible from the path. That would make it worth while to explore all corners of a scene and not just the main attractions.

In summary, great job on South Midmaer Way. I am looking forward to returning to solve the puzzles.

Chatele and Numa like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I so agree with what you say. I posted many of the same thoughts for a scene called South Broken Road. It is sad so many scenes are almost there to what they should be then we get the let down of not quite enough. The lack of discovery in almost all the scenes in the game imo needs to come in and soon. I don't know how it works but when the uncloning happens from world builders isn't this a time the discoveries of nodes, treasure chests etc should go into scenes. Almost every single treasure chest you find in the world has the same stuff. Gem fragments, a potion of some kind, recall or teleport scrolls, misc other resources which is all good since we need so much of everything but just sometimes let us find something new and interesting in these chests.

I cannot wait until we get things like map pieces for treasure hunting, or perhaps we could get runes to collect to solve a later puzzle. Perhaps we find a variety of different paintings or as you say one of the neat pots we are seeing here and there. Perhaps we find an occasional raffle ticket. There is so much possibilities of things to add to all scenes. I have requested the world to be sprinkled lavishly even a bit over the top to be ready for release. Achievements to find and discover items to earn points to buy things are always interesting. Later an occasional fishing up of a deed by a player. Well here's hoping the request for a run through of the scenes to add things in the upcoming weeks. Also I have a request that lunar Rifts show on the overworld Map please if possible. @DarkStarr @Berek

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Spot on Mahoria70. Wish you were working for Portalarium,..... you have a lot of good ideas that would make this game more interesting and fun for years to come....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.