South Midmaer Way

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I ran around the scene a bit and like the contrasts between the Sword in the Lake, Pirate Airship and slowly detoriating market city build in the ancient town.

Was pleasently surprised that some sort of lion attacked me with prance? pounce? while I stood on a rock and felt completely secure... :cool:

What I miss: When the whole area once was under water, the sea being the last remains of a vast waterarea and the market street the waterfilled canal of the ancient city and that has all dried up to Savanne - wouldn´t the former lakebed have a sprinkle of salt nodes from the evaporated water? Not a completely paved floor of salt like the dead sea or the Salt Lakes of the Mormons would be, but a bit of salt spread around where back then water had been.

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

In my mind, it was a large freshwater lake and was likely connected in some way to the Upper Shamino River, but I like your idea (and we have salt nodes), so I'm going to ruminate on possibly adding salt nodes here. Issue #70943

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Now next make salt nodes viable. You can just buy them on a vendor thus making agriculture not viable. You can just buy too many things on vendors instead of growing it and collecting it ourselves. This in turn would create a better economy for player grown and player created to be useful options in this game.

Bottom line being why grow when you can buy? Why harvest if you can buy? Sorry I'm confusing. Coffee time

Edited oops

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Don’t forget the effects on offline mode. You need to keep stuff on vendors for offline mode so it is not a major pain to game on.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I'm not going to play offline so I personally won't speak for those who do. The effects of this game trying to be everything for everyone has caused negative effects showing up everywhere. I still vote for our agriculture system even for offline. Having played many survival games where the player creates their own everything I feel it can be done here. Let offline players grow their own too. It gives a player much more to do. Well just a thought

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Umm... "where do NPCs buy all their things to live with?"

It should not be a sin to buy or sell anything to or from an NPC. Ours is a frustrating game due to such restrictions, imposed by an absent unseen feudal controler, or other reason.

I want a world that depicts life, not a digit or income protected system restricting all advantage to a certain occupational passtime within our world.

---
    Fear and only fear made Sancho see -makes the rest of us simple mortals see- windmills where impudent giants stand, spewing wickedness about the world. Those mills milled bread, and of that bread men confirmed in blindness ate. Today, they no longer appear to us in the form of windmills, but in the form of locomotives, dynamos, turbines, steamships, automobiles, telegraphs with wires and without, machine guns, and instruments for performing ovariotomies, all conspiring to commit the same harm.

Miguel de Unamuno, Vida de don Quijote y Sancho (1928)
    ---

"Oh, what they would say, if only our windmills could speak, they'd say here I stand and I am useless"
    I wish our game depicted life, not a gaming program.
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Duke Gréagóir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.