Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Southern Grunvald (Red) Dragon field dressing issues

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Hemswal The Descended, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

First of all, this is not a standard bug report. The AI and other parts of the various dragon fights have seen major improvements and the dragon fights are quite fun now (in my opinion). Compared to dragon fights of yore, they're quite dynamic.

With all of that said, dragon loot is absolutely horrible. And this is where the bug report starts:

The new dragon heads are AWESOME. We have colored dragon heads now. We've killed the dragon around 50+ times since the colored dragon head patch. 1 red dragon head has dropped, just 1.

One would assume field dressing or as I call it, skinning, would have some effect on how often the head drops. Apparently being GM in that particular skill holds no (or little) bearing of what sort of loot drops from the dragon. I'd understand if it doesn't affect arties and general loot but why doesn't it affect the head drop? Would someone with GM or better field dressing not have a better understanding on how to preserve a head of any skinn-able creature? If that's a logical assumption, then why doesn't it work that way? As far as I'm concerned, this is a bug.

3/1/2018 11:34 PM
    Title: Where are my dragon heads?
    Reproduction Rate: 9999%
    Blocker? I'm blocked from dragon heads. Snarky snark snark. RAWR!! *Breathes fire on devs*
    Details: Obtain GM field dressing, skin a dragons face off and preserve the head in the process. Fail to receive a dragon head.
    Steps to Reproduce: See details
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16348
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_01
    Area Display Name: Southern Grunvald Barrens
    Loc: (-88.4, 170.1, -185.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfRGVzZXJ0MDFfMDF8fCgtODguNDQsIDE3MC4wNjQsIC0xODUuNjEyKXwoMCwgMC40ODksIDAsIC0wLjg3Mil8NjU3LjI1OTl8MjYuMTc4MDR8MTg=

Drilikath2018 and Rentier like this.
  2. Hemswal The Descended

6 more Elder Wyrms and 24 more Southern Grunvald Barrens kills, +0 more heads. However, we did get 2 arties and 1 neckbone. The dragon head drop rate is still a bit skewed. Especially since it's not a crafting component for gear (dragon headdress).

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

The rate seems to be off, three different occasions and 40+ kills and not a single head off a dragon.

4. Hemswal The Descended

We killed him 30+ more times tonight. 0 Dragon heads, again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.