Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SP Offline - Can't open doors due to performance

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

7/19/2016 2:47 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 99%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Created new avatar and arrived on Isle of Storms, had issues clicking the mirror to create look (took about 30 mouseclicks to work) then had similar issue trying to open the door going into and coming out of the Oracle building but eventually got out after many clicks. Once I arrived at Battle of Solace Bridge, I could not open the door to speak to Charlotte. I clicked it well over 100 times and finally gave up because it simply wouldn't open.
    Steps to Reproduce: Get a slow computer like mine and try to play. :(
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 7981
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics GPU RAM: 944
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.373.Date.07.17.16
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter
    Loc: (-73.4, 42.0, 27.1)

I have hardly any issues at home, but my work computer no longer is able to play. I've done so many times before on this computer, but as of QA R32 I can't do much at all. I've even been able to play 2 accounts at the same time (mining ore) on this computer before so it's not that bad to have these issues. This is playing the SP OFFLINE mode too, so lag/internet connection should not even matter.

I'm playing on "Fastest" setting and have tried both full screen and borderless window mode. Even walking around is very choppy.

This has seemed to get progressively worse over the past 3 releases or so.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I just ran /debug and saw that I'm getting an average of around 7.4 FPS. That's insanely low for offline mode!

I got no Warnings, Errors, nor Fatals while standing there clicking. It just seemed like the clicks just didn't register.

3. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

You do have the Intel HD 2500 GPU as you have the Intel Core i5-3570 CPU.
    The minimum requirement for the game is Intel HD 3000, though. (in the FAQ)
    Even with Intel HD 4000 GPU, you would reach only the average of around 7 FPS in Offline Mode.
    That's normal for the Intel HD GPUs for the time being as the game is not optimised.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

In previous releases, I've gotten between 20-30 FPS on that same machine in the ONLINE mode. And I've even been able to run 2 instances of the game client at the same time on it (having to alt-tab between them) and even then it wasn't nearly this bad.

This is one of the few times I even attempted the OFFLINE mode on my work comp though and I only log in from there occasionally when I get some free time... so not a huge deal. But I thought it was worth noting the drop in performance to the Dev team.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Attempted to create an Avatar again this morning, this time on Build 377 and in Multiplayer Online mode.

The new "Interaction" hotkey did wonders for the magic mirror, speaking to the Oracle, and opening/closing the door to the Oracle.

Once I arrived at Battle of Solace Bridge, the Interaction key worked great for looting the corpses on the ground (had to double click the door to the burning building because it kept wanting to loot the corpse on the ground behind it).

However, I was unable to interact with Charlotte at all.

I tried to double click (more like 20-click, but meh) and that didn't do anything.

I tried to use the Interaction key, but it would only light/unlight the candle on the drawer or make me sit in the chair over and over again. Interaction Key would not start conversation with Charlotte no matter where I aimed the reticle crosshair. I tried doing it from all sides of her and panned up and down and all around here area.

I even used Shift-Click to hard target her and then did all of the above again and still no conversation (other than her repeatedly speaking about the house being on fire, Help help help, and she wanted Mommy, etc.). I even tried to just hail her, said hello, said help, etc. and nothing started a conversation.

I think if the interaction hotkey worked on her and you moved her away from other interactive items like the chair and candle... it would fix this problem.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Another update...
    I was able to Exit to Menu, then Resume and when I arrived back in Battle of Solace Bridge, I was able to double-click on Charlotte to speak to her.

Not sure why I couldn't the first time there, but this workaround got me through it. Still seems like a performance issue though because the whole scene and the game in general is very choppy and sluggish right now (as of Build 377).

7. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Unable to reproduce externally with Quality Level set to "Fastest" with my i3-3120M and Intel HD 4000.
    I am getting an average framerate of 13 FPS with my i3-3120M and Intel HD 4000.
    The game is playable with i3-3120M and Intel HD 4000.

Reproduced just for Quality Level: Auto.
    7/21/2016 10:12 PM
    Reproduction Rate: happened only one time, I was unable to reproduce for the 2nd time
    Blocker? yes
    Details:
    The game did not work with Quality Level set to "Auto" on my Intel HD system anymore.
    I was double-clicking on Arabella for over 50 times, but the chat window was refusing to open.
    I was getting an average frame rate of around 5 FPS.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4) System RAM: 7770
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 GPU RAM: 880
    Laptop: Lenovo E530c-3366
    Video Quality: Auto
    Resolution: 1366 x 768 @ 50Hz
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.378.Date.07.20.16
    Area: IsleOfStorms
    Loc: (44.8, 17.9, 25.6)

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016