Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spawn Rate review?

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Alatar, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alatar

Alatar Avatar

While in ELysium just now, to get 4 silver nodes mined on the 2nd level, it went like this -

• Start to mine 1st node
    • interrupted, fought 1 Kobold Fighter, 1 Earth Elemental, and a Kobold Mage
    • Finish 1st node, go to 2nd node
    • Interrupted, fight 2 Kobold Warrior and an Earth Elemental
    • Finish 2nd node, go to 3rd node
    • Interrupted, fight Kobold Warrior and Mage
    • Return to 3rd node, fail and start over mining
    • interrupted Fight a fighters and 2 mages
    • Finish 3rd node, mine 4th node uninterrupted
    • Go down to next level
    In all, I killed 9 Skeletal Footmen, 11 Skeletal archers, 43 Earth Elementals, 4 Saytr Fighters, 1 Faun (I did not kill at least 2 others, I try not to kill Fauns), 1 Saytr Mage, 50 Kobold Fighters, and 9 Kobold Mages. for 128 mobs. I got 92 Gold Ore, and 126 Silver Ore, a total of 218. Considering the multiple ore nodes (from just the chance to get 2 or 3 ores with a success to the meticulous mining success) That's about an average of 1 mob per node.

This makes mining annoying. I understand wanting mines to be adventure zones, but if you spend more time fighting than mining, why call it a mine?

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

kill everything in the room FIRST and don't loot it, or don't loot everything they have. then you can get a few nodes in uninterrupted.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

spawn rate is super fast... so, be very careful when mining... try not looting everything... if you do then they'll just respawn quicker...

edit: I meant the mobs... not the nodes... LOL

zyxe and Stundorn like this.
  4. Alatar

Alatar Avatar

I've not noticed much difference if I loot the dead mobs or not. But, that was some tie back, so I may try it again.

5. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

This is what I did when I was lower level. Now I just kill everything as it spawns.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I'm finding the respawn rate to be a significant issue. After a somewhat extended (though not past previous respawn rate times) battle with some pesky skeletons and archers, I was at the end of killing the last few skeletons when the ones I had killed first in the battle, and not terribly long before that, started respawning on top of me and attacking me. I was low on HP and focus and had to run away without even getting to loot anything. Also, when fighting wolves, I have recently started seeing them respawn within a minute or so after killing the first one, before I've had a chance to skin the ones that are already dead (and before their corpses disappeared).

It's getting very frustrating because I have little time to loot, mine, forage or gather before mobs respawn. If I try ignoring the mob, they attack while gathering and I can't ignore them, so I kill them and try to continue mining before looting the corpses only to have them respawn and interrupt yet again. No fun at all.

Snikorts likes this.
  7. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

While that probably works I would consider that an exploit. Respawn rate should net depend on whether the old bodies are still there.

8. uhop

uhop Avatar

Question to all: how do you run away, while pesky (skeleton) archers shower you with Disabling Shot (-50% to speed for ~20s), Blinding Shot (-30% to Dexterity for ~30s), and a liberal dose of Piercing Shot (ignores armor)? The best I can do is to crawl away slowly, while being killed real fast.

Do you know any ways to counteract those shots? How do you deal with it?

Just to give you a real example: for my avatar running from the the inner chamber of Serpent's Spine (should be: Spectral) Mine usually means a certain death. So I fight standing in a dark corner, and try not to move (to another dark corner) until I am 100% regenerated. In olden times I was confident that my back is safe, because that's where I came from eliminating enemies, but with today's spawn rate, it is a thing of the past. So dark corners, here I come.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Elwyn and zyxe like this.
  9. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I try to avoid skeletons, honestly, unless they are lower level and don't hurt me as much because of exactly what you've mentioned. Add to that the current respawn rate, and I have to suck down potions and "run" away before getting to loot anything I had just killed, hoping they don't get the 10 critical shots in a row that they tend to get while trying desperately not to die. I could equip a shield again and see how that does, but it's still beyond ridiculous when there are 3 or more archers in the mix.

So in other words, I don't deal with it, I just avoid it altogether as much as possible, which limits my enjoyment of a lot of the game.

uhop likes this.
  10. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I use bodyslam, closes the gap and knocks them on their ass. I have that skill GM though.

edit: oh, how do you run away? I don't, I run towards them and bodyslam them ;)

uhop likes this.
  11. uhop

uhop Avatar

I use Body Slam too (not at GM level), but found that the best way to fight in skeleton-infested places like Spectral Mines is to use a bow. Ironically I have one and only GM in Blades, and my archery skills not bad, but markedly worse, yet here we go with inequality between "non-existing" classes. But I digress.

There are several reasons for that:
    1. When I am actively moving (e.g., doing a body slam at a distance), I risk waking up more skeletons. Basically the same danger as in running. More skeletons, even green ones, and a certain combinations of them, will kill me for sure.
    2. Typically I fight a group of skeletons, like a fighter, who roots me constantly with her hammer, and 2-4 long ranged users (archers and mages). The most resilient out of them is a fighter, but she is usually the less effective one, while mages are usually less resilient (IMHO, it sounds reasonable). If I decided to body slam far away ranged users, it will take me some time running, when I am hurt, but cannot do much. And Body Slam, and Charge, and Engage Opponent, all have a cool down period, so I cannot use them fast enough.
    3. Fighting with a bow allows me to stand still avoiding risks mentioned above, and target far away ranged enemies first ignoring the ineffectual fighters up close --- I can deal with them later.
    4. One of the best tactics I found is to shower mages and archers with arrows, while keeping a close fighter (or fighters) at bay by constantly body slamming them. I don't need to re-target for that. Obviously Multi Shot is my friend, because it hurts several close and far away enemies alike. Knight's Grace is used against rooting. Banish Undead and Searing Ray can supplement arrows --- they are effective on skeletons.
    So that's why I don't run. When I run I usually lose.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The best way to fight archer mobs is to run straight at them. Once you get close, they'll try to run away from you. Follow them and get back attacks. If you do decide to run away yourself, never turn your back on them. When you show them your back, they have an increased critical chance and none of their shots can be dodged. Back out of the room.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.