Special Add-on Items Times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NirAntae, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

This is a fairly simple request that I mentioned in another thread, but thought it deserved its own.

When offering special, limited-time items in the add-on store, please have the time limit be at least 30 days from when they are posted.

There are many people (myself included) who only get paid once a month. It is extremely sad when you want to spend money on things in the add-on store, but they will expire a week or more before you get paid again. In this particular case, I would absolutely buy the holiday bundle as soon as I get paid, but it will expire on the 6th, and I won't be paid until the 15th.

I totally understand that making things 'limited time' helps to drive sales, but if you make the time so limited that you miss out on people who want to buy it, you're just shooting yourself in the foot. One month is still very much 'limited time'. Even if you don't go for a full 30 days, at least two weeks (and a few days) that covers both the "paid on the 1st" and "paid on the 15th" folks would be better.

2. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I am so touched and humbled right now that I am literally in tears.

I have been contacted today by not one, not two, but three different people offering to gift me the holiday bundle.

My intent was not to complain that "I am upset that I can't get this!" It was just a suggestion made in the hopes of helping Portalarium to not lose out on money that they could otherwise have made, to help this game reach its fullest potential, which is what we all want.

This community has amazed me since the moment I wandered my way into these forums, despite any squabbles we may have; and today has really reaffirmed that a hundred fold.

3. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

The community here really is amazing... I couldn't agree more! And you to are a part of that, and that is why people are offering what they are.....

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

You guys truly are an amazing community. Threads like this let me know I'm home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.