Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SPECIALIZATION... IS... AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Sara Dreygon, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Just to be clear, the 100% XP back upon unlearn is only a temporary thing. It should only be around until March 29th, from what I understand. It has only been set to be 100% back because there are so many HUGE changes that were just implemented.

Womby and Numa like this.
  2. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I worked hard, relocated significant XP and lost many, many skills to get to level 80 death specialization. And now my death spells work again, and reasonably well! I love specialization, and it makes us be a 'character' of certain powers and weaknesses. Love it. Love.

Love.

Now, where are these boars, from whom I will seek my revenge!

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And watch out for the bug in specializations where it starts to untrain if you have 2 of them. I have heard others mention altho I only have one specialization at this moment and have not purchased the other one yet. I think I will hold off on getting the other one until 80. I believe there is a bug report on this. So watch your specializations really well to make sure they did not suddenly turn to un-training .;)

Nikko and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

You really made me laugh this time... Go get 'em, King Robert! FOR HOUSE BARATHEON!!!

5. dayero

dayero Avatar

i was aware and said that imho it should stay available in some form. Even just 10% loss is an absurdly harsh penalty on several hundred million xp. And frankly, psychologically it's a horrible game mechanic. Humans hate nothing more than loss. Longer retraining also leads to effective loss since you have to battle lower level creatures for a while, but since you still get xp while retraining it won't feel like loss.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Ah. Interesting. I'm not sure what the best way to do that would be. I hear you. I really hope I am not stuck in some situation in the future where I realize I have poured hundreds of millions of XP into the wrong thing, and I feel like I need to make a huge change...

7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

well. now that i've learned the Heavy Armour specialization (lvl 82).. and i never seen any benefit from it... if i have understand well.. i can UNTRAIN this skill and take back all my xp points?

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ah well this is the first here, there is another post with Ranged fizzling out, taming is a non starter.

what did that last a week?

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Correct. Currently 100%.

Sentinel2 and Gatsu. like this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Semantics matter, All that proves is Sara Dreygon is one of the top 2-3 players to put *TIME* into the game which is a lot different then saying that they are one of the top 2-3 players of the game.

11. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

No Semantics about it, Sara is one of the top players! :rolleyes:

Sentinel2 likes this.
  12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think his point is Sara has the most Time invested.. and maybe even the most knowledge due to the time. But thst doesnt neccisarrily translate to skill.

Pretty much unless it was a 100% even playing field.. you cant really test skill.
    Dueling proves Time vs Time more then anything IMO.

That being said, an interesting event would be to take the top 10 PvPers currently.. and give them all 100 of every skill, identical inventory of armor / weps, and drop them in a new PvP zone.
    Stream it or something.
    THAT would be something fun to see.
    And that being said, im confident shed do well.

Coarse skills and **** needs to be polished n balanced first.. or it becomes who knows the best imbalances.

Numa likes this.
  13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

In Friday nights telethon Chris stated that Sara had the 2nd highest kill rating in PVP. Sara is indeed one of the better and most knowledgeable players in the game when it comes to combat.

Only topped by @Winfield's fishing knowledge.

Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  14. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

She is the best player I know. Sure a pig killed me but I was a king!

Nikko likes this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I have nothing against Sara at all. I take issue with the anyone saying that anyone is "the best player in the game". They would need a significant amount of time to watch every single person play the game to make that opinion.

If someone said "XXX player is the best player *I know*" then I would accept that.

16. The Obsidian Eye

The Obsidian Eye Avatar

So are most people specializing in one armor skill and one melee or magic tree? Or is specializing in the armor tree not that important?

17. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

Personally, I'm going Fire/Life. However light armor has great perks with flurry and the extended windows on defensive skills, I just don't think it makes up for the faster casting times of the life tree.

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why is s faster draw for Flurry desired?

19. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

If you're running an open unlocked slot with spammable damage spells in it you'll increase your DPS by increasing drawspeed, this will burn through focus very fast obviously.

FrostII likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does specialization increase the draw-speed of Flurry itself or does it give Flurry an added bonus of increasing the draw-speed of other glyphs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.