Spectral Mines changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir Grant, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

What happened to the old Spectral Mines where you dropped through the hole into more of a dungeon area? It was too good to just throw away! Now the new spectral mines accessed through spectral forest looks like a hole in the ground (definitely more mine like). Both are good, but where is the old one????

2. -sCo-

-sCo- Avatar

They are still inside. There is a small gap somewhere (;

Turin2, Sir Grant and Alexander like this.
  3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

It's still there, there is now simply an outer area that is new that you have to fight through to get to the spectral mines, perhaps the veins of ore will be more precious with the new buffer.

Turin2 and Sir Grant like this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

The old spectral mines is still there. After entering the mine entrance in the spectral foothills, it is near the entrance to the left. You really have to pay attention to the narrow crevasse (opening in the wall) which is the entrance to the old spectral mines. I almost missed it myself the first time in.

Edit: For those who are really paying attention, there is a 'break out' wall inside the mine that leads to the soltown sewers.

Turin2, Rebelweasel, lfalk and 2 others like this.
  5. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Found it! Thank you so much for posting, thought I was going crazy!

Katrina Bekers and Alexander like this.
  6. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Alexander is right about the "break-out" wall. If you are unclear on where it is I have recorded it in my latest underground survey.

Map of Spectral Mines

7. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I can't thank you enough. I was trying to complete the Students of Virtue/Chaos quest last night and I was going bonkers.

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

The "old" spectral mines, as already said, became a "side area" of the "new" spectral mines.

And a lot of stuff makes much more sense now, reading the diary by the bedroll.

Some miners, discovering the passage between the mines proper and the old crypt, were caught by surprise by the dungeon zone dwellers, namely undead and cultists.

This is yet another hint of the iterative nature of the development. At first, the SM were everything but mines - only the crystals/evil rabbit part seemed something like mines. The new ones, with tracks and carts and mining equipment everywhere, much more so. And the link between the two, barely understandables till R18, finally makes sense.

I would love if the lava crevice in the main room of the old part would be linked to something else...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.