Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spectral Mines: Fell Through the Bottom of the World

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I tried a jump in the Spectral Mines. The screen froze while I was moving my mouse. Thus, I did not land where I had intended. There was no collision where I did land, so I fell through the world: Area: Spectral Mines (Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines) Loc: (-86.2, -756.8, 59.9) .

SotA Build 441

2. jawstheshark

jawstheshark Avatar

Similar - In Spectral Mines
    I was down where the ghosts are and the one bridge. If you jump down into the water you fall through the world.

3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've had this happen on a couple occasions. I believe Chris mentioned to reload the scene. Once I had done that, the problem went away.

I'm guessing something in Unity didn't load it properly. Give it a try :D

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'm thinking it's a lack of collision settings. I understand thinking, "no one will ever go there." However, I got caught up in one bug, the ever popular screen freeze, and fell into another.

5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I have had a case where I have fallen through the floor in an area in Elysium Mines in 2 different locations at different times. Go back to that location at another time and cannot fall through the floor. So it may be something beyond that. Possibly a race condition or a corner case where slopes are involved as both invisible pits in my case occurred at the exit ramp in the mine and then around a rubble formation near the entrance near a mining point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.