Spellbinder's Stance - need to make it more useful?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Birne Gilmore, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Heyho

I just want to give my 2 Cotos on the quite new skill Spellbilder's Stance. I really like its ability that you draw your cards faster, get increased casting speed and also the decent focus reg bonus, but the ending on movement makes it quite unuseful cuz on the moment there are only very rare situations where you can stand still as a caster and just spam your bar into your targets. For soloing it is just impossible to use.

So why not having it "inactive" while moving instead of losing it totaly on movement. So if you move the benefits are deactivated (while the duration is still ticking down) and when you stand still again it comes in again (may be after a delay of 1-5 secs) and you have the benefits again. of cause the -20% resistance and avoidance stil would be in place even if moving.

What are your throughts on that?

Rip Saya, Numa and Chairstacker like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Have it be like 20% effective per Stillness buff you have, so the longer you stand still the better it is, but like you noted, it's ineffective while moving (but the buff keeps going).

Birne Gilmore likes this.
  3. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

It seems to be designed for use in a party, as even as a face-tank mage, the mitigation loss is not worth the bit of haste.

Not quite the penalties of Chaotic Feedback (no health damage) but quite inferior

Numa likes this.
  4. RoStudios

RoStudios Avatar

Agreed. I thought it was going to be a good choice to Chaotic Feedback if you are a healer, but it is not even close. I'm sure they will tweak it some; I hope.

Vrunk Hrrk and Birne Gilmore like this.
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Eh?

If it's just re-enabled when you stop to cast... Well you cant really use it all that much while moving anyway except the increased card draw only while casting instants and the whole ONE focus regen. You have to stop to cast anything with a time on it.

What I'm trying to say is temporarily disabling the buff seems pointless as it would be inherently unused for the most part while moving anyway.

Tip: Use blink and/or plan ahead. Quite possible to solo effectively with SB Stance without movement. Concentration + hp pool and understanding the interrupt system + having appropriate defenses = ftw.

6. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

It definitely needs improvement. Chaotic Feedback is significantly better imo. I see no reason to ever use Spell Binder's Stance over Chaotic Feedback. The negative with Spell Bind's Stance is actually worse than the health damage from Chaotic Feedback from my experience using it. You can stack the two however for even faster casting.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

All Chaos spells are supposed to have a Backfire chance. That's going to be the difference in the future. You may find that you don't like the spell so much when that happens.

As for the new spellbinder stance, it does need work. Taking more damage is a serious problem. I would suggest that you get a very nice concentration bonus to make up for that. I don't think you should be able to move using any stance, I think that should be chanced for all stances so that the moment you move they disappear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.