Splitting Experience with NPC Companions?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by williamleara, Aug 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamleara

williamleara Avatar

Hi,

The Player Instructions have a description of how experience points are allocated among avatars in a party: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...e Avatar.-,Adventuring Parties,-Shroud of the

Earned Adventurer Experience is divided evenly between party members without regard to relative levels. When an enemy is slain, all nearby party members share experience equal to a base of 50% plus an additional 25% per party member. For example, a party of two would gain 100% experience, and a party of eight would split 250% experience. Party bonuses only apply for those within 40 meters of the slain enemy.

Question: if I'm playing Offline, and I have Dupre, Fiona, and Ariel as Companions, does this same formula apply to me? Would I get experience equivalent to being part of a party of 4? (37%?) Or do NPCs not count, and I get a full 100%?

Question 2: if I summon an elemental to fight with me and some Companions, does he count as a party member for the purpose of consuming Adventurer Experience?

FBohler likes this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Compaions don't act like a proper party if I know right. They're pretty much summons. That being said, you're likely getting the solo XP

williamleara likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

confirmed. lock all training, kill a brown bear, check xp: +210. summon a companion, kill a brown bear, check xp: +210.

williamleara and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.