Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SPOffline: Dialogue with Edvard in Blood River Massacre scene

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Kara Brae, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

3/26/2016 2:37 PM
    Title: SPOffline: Dialogue with Edvard in Blood River Massacre scene
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I spoke to Fingers and gave him the Elven mirror for the bonesteel dagger. With the dagger in my inventory I spoke to Edvard. At first, Edvard doesn't recognize that I have the dagger. Then he does. Then he doesn't and tells me to go get the dagger before he will open the gate. These are his replies (also see screenshot below):
    1. I trust you met he of the wandering fingers
    2. I see from the dagger you hold that you have already encountered his bargaining acumen
    3. Now that you have the bonesteel dagger you should head to Aerie... I will unlock the gate if you so need me to.
    When I type unlock:
    1. ... come back once you have the dagger I saw our scavenger friend admiring, and I can unlock the gate for you
    It turns out that I MUST type the word dagger to get Edvard to open the gate, despite his previous recognition that I am carrying it.

Once Edvard has recognized that I have the dagger, he should stick by this recognition, give me any parting tips, and open the gate (without me having to type dagger).

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 3020
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.336.Date.03.25.16
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest01_Bloodriver
    Loc: (-62.9, 52.7, 2.0)
    [​IMG]

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks, got it.

3. Lum the Mad

The problem here is that you are skipping a step. Edvard needs to tell you of your next steps forward, not just pop the door open and shoo you on your way. That's done by you showing him the dagger at which point you move the quest forward, unlock journal entries, etc.

I'll add a reminder to unlock if you have the dagger but have not actually shown him of such to guide the player in the correct direction without (incorrectly) telling you to go get it.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I understand what you are saying, but you can't leave it up to the player "to do the right thing".

5. Lum the Mad

You also can't insist that we support players taking shortcuts around the right thing. Regardless it's been changed so the situation you describe can no longer happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.