[Spoiler Alert] Need for Party Looting (Chest) Mechanic

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Bayridge, Dec 1, 2014.

?

Should a transparent party looting chest mechanic be made?

1. YES

73.0%
  2. NO

21.6%
  3. Undecided - Reasons in comments

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

My thoughts:

Realism, IRL you can't open a chest and stuff a lot of gold, some armor, some other stuff, etc into your backpack without people seeing you do it.
    So my issue is that the game "hides" what that player is doing.
    Unless they are really sneaky about it and no one catches them.

But I like there to be repurcussions when caught.
    As is you pretty much cannot touch them even when caught.

4EverLost and Net like this.
  2. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

I do like the idea of everyone seeing what is there though

Net likes this.
  3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

with a justice system i've heard is on the schedule at some point, i'm certain something will be there as an additional way for the community to police it. i figured we'd be able to add bounties too with the system, too.

4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You need trust built into the system because you can't trust the people you play with, even if it is a PUG?

If this is a true role playing game, sucks for you is my simple answer.

That is just what people want to play at. You mean I can't play any Neutral or Evil biased character because the system will auto share what I "find"?

Yeah, if you want to play a NON RP game, sure, just like every WoW, EQ, LOTRO out there. Go for it.

Otherwise, besides the above, you are immediately insulting new people to your group as well, saying they are potentially dirty thieves that cant be trusted.

Which may, indeed, be the RP element they are going for.

And I ask again: Why must it be fair? It is unfair to those playing greedy characters, or *Evil character alignments.

Cheers.

smack likes this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Yeah, I am fine with everyone seeing the chest contents just no auto loot systems. :)

Net likes this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think even if you trust others in the group, there is a not a really fair/easy way to handle the most valuable items in a chest. Even a simple /roll command might assist with that.

7. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

where can i find these dungeons?

8. smack

smack Avatar

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I was just partying with a party of 7 in Chilblains Compendium and I was glad of it being auto calculated and it showed details in the chat window when someone looted.
    It was automatically done and I liked it and it was fine. We were way too busy trying to keep track of
    each other,sometimes dying, zoning back to our group,(dang liches lol), dealing with the lag, crashes and some bugs, so for me I didn't want to think about it.

If people here have not done the dungeon in a big group get busy, I say it is great for having the ability to voice your thoughts here, plus submitting bug reports can
    only help the game.

I have a pet peeve (or annoyance ;)) about hearing someone speak of something they have not even tried or done like they are an authority and like it is true. lol Well just sayin ;)

I voted no by the way after hours in that dungeon lol, well only some of us diehards;)

10. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

oh... i soloed most of those, i thought you guys were talkiing about like actual dungeons.

i dont remember finding much treasure other than a nice bone throne

11. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

Absolute agreement.

12. Net

Net Avatar

First, the value of items is twice higher than the amount they sell for (though some items like silver ore or ectoplasmic residue can be sold to some NPCs for more), so if the value of items is 90k, you sell them for 45k.

Back on topic, I am against transparent looting of chests (and monsters). I think that player should be given option to 'cheat' the party, because being honest is than much more valuable if it is not forced on you.

The obvious solution for parties is to let the party leader (or some assigned person) to loot everything and divide it later. If someonbe breaks such rule, party leader should kick him out of the party...

The thing is, if the current looting mechanics are in place, it is quite easy to quickly learn who you should (not) run the dungeon with. Sure it might be more complicated in the future with more random content in chests. Still, as much as I hate someone keeping loot for themselves, I want them to have such option. It will allow me to learn more quickly who not to be in party with.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Strum

Strum Avatar

A lot of us would use pick up groups to do dungeons and quests. Most new players now barely know anyone and the game (currently) doesn't provide a good way to communicate with strangers. I remember standing around for 30 minutes yesterday asking in local if anyone knows where the guild hall was. I doubt if anyone even seen my text even though they were near me.

4EverLost and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.