Spoiler: Sequanna Colosuss

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Poor game design, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@Lum the Mad
    @Lord British

Quick feedback on this Sequanna Colosuss:
    Nice scene, but I didn't find any hints. I was told that some of the NPC's would tell you "things" that would be useful, but I didn't even remember seeing any NPC's.

Like most of the scenes, there really just needs to be some additional polish to ensure there is a general path for players to follow. I think the main quest line has to have that path and can't be confused by the rest of the "open world" if we're going to be success. It's a difficult juggling act, but I think I can best describe the goal in the following way:

If I'm questing, I want to focus on the quest. I don't want mobs distracting me. For example, if I'm trying to climb something to explore then I don't want the added pressure of a skeleton army shooting missles at me. I don't want to be in the middle of "reading the story" and have things happen that push me away from that.

If I'm grinding (PVE) then I'm probably going to avoid quests and pvp in favor of areas that I can efficiently kill or gather as much stuff as possible.

If I want to PVP, then I don't want to be bothered by quests or PVE type stuff because that puts me at a disadvantage in PVP. I have to stay focused and ready for other players because the guy that hits first gets a huge advantage.

It's not that PVE, PVP and the story can't be integrated together. They can and should be, but the actual act of playing through those types of play need to be firmly partitioned for a player to get the most out of that experience, imo.

When it comes to Sequanna Colosuss, that's mostly being accomplished, but for all my previous feedback.

discipleofweb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.