Spoon's FAQ - Friends, huh, what are they good for? (part 1)

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Spoon, Mar 20, 2018.

?

Was this FAQ helpful

1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Needs more info

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Had too much info

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Absolutely everything, huh.

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

As a prelude let us start with some great advice from the Rifthiker's Guide:
    "You will see that everything is easier with someone else by your side. Whether it is simply taking the hits from that side, or if they are actually useful for something more."
    With those words of wisdom out of the way, let's start.

Spoon’s FAQ – Friends (part 1)

You can find all of this info and more by clicking the "Help" [?] button in game to open the Player Instructions. Although it might be in less digestible morsels and maybe with slightly less flair/nonsense.

So this part of Spoon’s FAQ is all about Friends and the functionality surrounding that.

Well, apart from that soft fuzzy feeling of being popular, Friends list is useful for:

- Use the Friends list to see who is online
    - Use the Friends list to interact with your Friends
    - Get updates as Friends goes online/offline
    - >> Teleport to Friend <<
    Details on all of those below.

There are basically three ways:
    1- In chat write
    /friend NN
    [​IMG]
    2- Right click on their avatar or name tag, select Add Friend
    3- Open the Friends list interface and in the "Add Friend" field add the name.

Each of those will send a Friend invite to that avatar.
    They will get a notice icon and can accept the invite.
    Once accepted both are added to each other’s Friends list.

When people on your Friends list goes online, or offline you get an update in chat.

[​IMG]

You can open the Friends list either from the arch-menu in the top right corner, or by the shortcut ‘F’ key.

When you have the Friends list open, the names in white at the top are online, and the names in grey at the bottom are offline.
    [​IMG]

If you right-click on a name in the Friends list you get this menu:
    [​IMG]
    Which is really handy for Whispering a question.
    Or to quickly organize and assemble a Party.

Easiest way to communicate is using the Friends list and right-click to Whisper someone
    [​IMG]
    You can also start a whisper by typing in chat
    /w NN, Message
    to respond to a Whisper type in chat
    /r
    To go back to local chat type
    /l

Whispers work across scenes and online game modes. So the recipient can be in Private Mode on the other end of the world and they can still have a Whisper conversation with you.

Open the Friends list, right-click someone and select "View/Edit Note".
    [​IMG]
    Write something and hit "Submit"
    Now when you hover on the name in your Friends list you can see your comment.

Teleporting to friend is a really fast and convenient way to get some adventuring done together.

You need to have a Teleport Scroll in your inventory. Then you can doubleclick it to use.
    You can also drag a scroll to your hotbar for easy access.
    Now if you click on that glyph you will get a list of Friends that can be teleport targets and their location.
    [​IMG]
    For them to be eligible they need to be A) online B) in Multiplayer or in Party mode.
    For you to be eligible you cannot be Encumbered.

Teleport Scrolls can only be looted, bought from other players or crafted.

If you have a long friends list then there is almost always someone in the direction you want to go.

Right click their avatar/nametag and select "Remove Friend".
    Easiest way to find them is to open the Friends list, either by shortcut ‘F’ key or from the Arch-Menu in the top right corner. Then right click their nametag.
    [​IMG]

If you liked this you might also like:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-daily-500g-from-the-oracle-spoilers.110718/

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...et-there-spoilers-maps-and-directions.111124/

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ctions-spoilers-where-what-how-part-2.112395/

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-you-can-be-a-crafter-huh-think-again.111241/

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Good idea! Here are my thoughts on what you have so far:
    1. Adding friends can be done from the friends list, or by just right-clicking on the character and adding them from the pop-up menu. I, personally, find both easier.
    2. Friends as teleport points is so incredibly useful, that you should probably emphasize it a bit more.
    3. I don't think I've ever drug a teleport to the utility bar. I normally just double-click it in my inventory.
    4. I think by the time you've figured out how to get to the right-click menu up on the friends-list to whisper them, unfriending them is pretty obvious.

Luca Xante, Synergy Blaize and Spoon like this.
  3. SNE musik

SNE musik Avatar

i want to play

Luca Xante likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.