Spoon's FAQ - So you think you can be a crafter huh? Think again.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Spoon, Feb 24, 2018.

?

Was this FAQ helpful

1. Yes

44.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes. But....

4.0%
  4. No. But...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. My butt.

8.0%
  6. But Spoon if you teach them all the secrets how can we rip of noobs?

4.0%
  7. First rule of crafting is that we don't talk about crafting.

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yup, because those who think and think again will be more successful at crafting.

Greetings crafter.

So you want to take up a trade here in Novia. Ok, first news I will give you is not a good one, the tradeskill guilds of Novia has almost exclusive rights to the Recipes that you need to craft items.
    Which is a challenge.

And not only do they charge you 250g at least each, they also want to encourage the fledging novian tourism and thus have spread out the sales of specific ones all over the world.
    Which is a bigger challenge.

On top of that the ingredients are all on the expensive side so one has to be rich to craft and then most customers don't want to pay the full profit paying for your luxury crafting.
    Which could be a really massive challenge.

But fear not dear crafter there are some ways to circumvent this!

If the recipe is "re-teachable" you can 'discover' it all on your own, all you need is the exact amount of ingredients, the right tool and the right crafting station.
    If you do then when you press to Craft you will get the Recipe written into your book as if by some kind of strange magic, that they call pens around here. I know, right.
    Now that it is in your book, you can open Trade with others and drag the recipe to the trade window and show your superior knowledge.
    So NEVER buy a "re-teachable" recipe, well unless you are an old school geek with some avatar complex.
    If the recipe is "teachable" then someone who bought the recipe, can then in turn teach their disciples, but disciples in turn cannot teach anyone else.
    Which means that if you pester a veteran enough they might just teach you some recipes just to get rid of you. Great news, right.
    You know those tradeskill guilds limiting the recipes, it is way worse.
    Most of the really cool recipes those tradeskill guilds won't even sell, however lucky enough for us the monsters, bandits and other deadly beasts of he land has for some reason taken it upon themselves to learn writing, copy some recipes, run around with them for some reason and then when we brave outlanders whack em mercilessly we can scavenge such loot recipes from their bleeding corpses.
    And who said the life of a crafter was for bears showing great care of goldylocks. Huh.
    So this one you didn't hear from me, Ok? NOT FROM ME.
    But the truth is that most things for getting started with crafting can be "borrowed" from either the locals or the monsters praying on the locals.
    Search the locations and you will find lots of stuff everywhere that someone forgot to bolt down.
    So a crafter who doesn't mind "borrowing" stuff can get their costs down by a lot...
    Salvage.
    So all those things that one get from killing the urhm, the uh, the guilty - yea that is it - the guilty. Like all their gear and such.
    Most of that and also some of the things from the Fourth Secret - you can go up to the the prime stations and "salvage" them down to useful things, like scraps and such.
    Blacksmith - almost anything of metal can be pounded into something else given a hard enough whack.
    Carpentry - bows, wooden stuff, and most strangely hammers - yup even the metal ones.
    Tailoring - books, cloth, leather and such - snip snip snip with the scissors and all down it goes. Muhahaha.
    So now that you know the inner secrets of crafting (as in infringement, nagging and killing the competition) it is onwards, upwards and well mostly spoilers ahead.
    So if you are of a weak consitution called virtues, then you might not want to know the secrets below, becuase they are spoilery spoilers.
    But if you have no remorse and would sell your grandpa to make a buck then you might just need to know some of this...
    Well if you have no moral fiber in you like the rest of us, then you might want to check these out:
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Recipes
    Ha, all I have just said and more, almost as if I shamelessly used that...
    http://www.sotatraders.com/RecipeList.aspx
    So with those links you can actually check out the re-teachable recipes and then in your own brilliance pretend that you created all of those recipes on your own.

Now with that said if you truly want to be a crafter and have hit rock bottom then you might want to get some help. So in chat write
    /friend Spoon
    and feel free to whisper a question
    /w Spoon, Do you have time for a question?
    (whispers works even between play modes, so even if you are playing in Single Player Online you can still whisper someone who is playing in Multi Player Online)
    Also if you really really need a specific recipe and don't know how to trek all over the countryside I have a lot of them. So asking pretty please with suger on top and stroking my massive ego and I might just fix you up with what you need.

With that out of the way all you now need to know to become a crafter is revealed if you click that Like button of this post.

Also if you liked this you might like more of me...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ikers-guide-522-edition-now-available.100004/
    and
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...et-there-spoilers-maps-and-directions.111124/
    and
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-daily-500g-from-the-oracle-spoilers.110718/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. Verit

Verit Avatar

Yes, but I am still trying scrub the excess sarcasm off.

Spoon likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Why do you think I have a whole Thermae-bath house?
    [​IMG]

Get over to Lux Sanctuary and we can scrub and rinse away all and everything.

4. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

I will come and visit you at Lux Sanctuary because those pools look divine. And not to mention that I can pee in your pool and I don't have to worry about cleaning it up ;)! Oh wait... you weren't supposed to know that.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@St Drahcir

No worries, although the staff usually cater to special requests or fetishes rather in the private baths in the basement than in the public ones in the Rooftop Baths and bar.

Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.