Spring Telethon: Emote Request List!!

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Selene, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Various eating/drinking emotes. Eating at the table vs eating while standing vs eating at a picnic. Even when you eat stuff - noodles vs drumstick vs popsicle. Or drink your glass of wine vs drink at a tavern vs dumping it over someone's head.

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'd like to see an afk emote similar to what we had in Asheron's Call. :)

Text in chat window *afk*

You decide to rest for a while.

Action
    Shortcut Note
    You sit with legs crossed, and then rise to float above the ground

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Leelu, Budner, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  3. Albus

Albus Avatar

A prone face-down emote, for the guillotine at least... Seems so cruel that the victims must lay facing up watching the blade above them about to drop down and *ouch*! Would love to see some interaction options with things like guillotine, wheel of pain, etc. so someone can be mounted up on the wheel and such. Not just for torture devices, but somehow those are the ones that come to mind just now... :D

4. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I would love to see a super secret handshake emote. Something complicated and elaborate.

5. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

From City of Heroes/Villains:

/walllean - the character model leans back, as if against a wall.

/ledgesit - the character model sits with their legs hanging down, as if sitting on a ledge.

I know that in earlier builds, the /sit command would target the nearest object where a sit animation was possible (bench, chair, stool), else it would just do the normal 'sit on the ground' animation.

Could the above requests be similarly coded to only work when near a ledge or wall, and then otherwise default to a secondary animation when freestanding?

6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Eating a huge piece of meat on a bone, waving it when talking. I can see the knights around the table grossing out after a long battle, meat in hand and drink in other.

7. Selene

Selene Avatar

could always eat monster hunter style!

Time Lord, Aldo and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

1. Juggling emote, for all the court jesters out there.. This would have to be learned and improved only with lots of practice.. starting with 1 object, moving up to more objects, then more types of objects over time.

2. Fame in the game should come with a 'signing autographs' emote that actually produces a signature on special souvenir items that can be distributed (a flourish with a feather-pen would be cool).

3. Whistling should be a trainable emote, but proficiency should develop over time, while working on a special songbird identification collection quest (bird watching). Basically, you are given this quest by a guild of nature lovers, who want you to discover all the songbirds in Novia, and as you find each one, you must learn their song, and that gives you a new whistle you can perform. Once you've discovered all of them, you get some special bird watching trinket, and the ability to call a songbird (which one comes to your call varies based on your location in Novia, because they are regional and biome-specific species). Each bird might vary in usefulness as they might assist you in finding worms for fishing, or may be used to help in the mines (as song birds traditionally were used to avoid dangerous explosions or suffocation due to noxious gases).. They could also be used to distract various NPC mobs, or maybe to pickpocket, or even to deliver messages/letters/deeds/mail to others across the map..

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Like"... which reminds me...
    [​IMG]

~Noted From the SOTA Military Veterans Memorial Ball~

At Bowen Bloodgood's 2nd Annual Soldier's Memorial Ball, we began talking of the need for our pets to have emotes/trick commands, where they too could do some emote/tricks for them to be able to have joined in all the dancing and fun everyone was having there...

*Sir @Bowen Bloodgood 's social events always attract the finest of New Britannia's Culture Social Experiences! ;)
    Trying out allot of mixed emotes for creating new dance moves and additive ways of dancing there were a big hit with everyone who came :D

One of the things I enjoyed learning there the most, was how my dance partner began "mixing magic" within her dancing, which leads me to also suggest...

~Magic While Dancing "Mojo Emotes"?~

What I'm calling "Mojo Emotes" are possible mixings of magic that could be within the dances themselves...
    Our dances can be very wonderful ways of meeting someone. You throwing down your moves, while the other may contend with their own dance moves"

Similar to the idea of the SOTA skill professions Haka dances...

But not similar in a way, when you can "add" a spells casting or "have a magic cast within the dance move itself" without having to add it yourself. This provides a sort of "Disco lighting" effect within the dance moves.

[​IMG]

Yet also within the regard of the above, we could include our weapons drawing, flourishing and sheathing within same dance moves.

~On a much more strange thought~

We are always wanting to know what other players skills are within the game when meeting them. With this in mind, "what about an emote that tells that tale within a dance series of movements"... I have no doubt that it would take a bit of computer wiz to create such a program... Yet... If there were an emote that could transition through each skill, or skill set the player had, then this would help tell the tale much more easily than going through all the chat necessary to inform someone else what your skills all were.

Many people just show up at a dance and only do one dance move the entire time they are there. "Which works just fine for the décor venue", yet leaves something of the fun missing from what is possible within our dancing.
    Anyway, that's my gatherings of ideas I gained from having the pleasure of dancing with our Lady Dame @Acred who was just a wonderful dance partner at @Bowen Bloodgood 's smashing dance party.

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Budner, Miracle Dragon and Acred like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~We're All Getting Too Old if We Run Outa' Moves~
    Haven't we seen our @dallas bust his moves enough to help realize how this help improve our "older guy mojo?" :D

So here's a dance emote that's sure easy enough to program in and get some real strength on our SOTA Dance Floors...

~The Wu-Tang Dance~

That was an easy point out on the web, yet helps see the vast quantities of dance moves that could become one of our game's greatest assets to help point out our game on the web.
    People come when they see fun, and dance moves have an attraction like no other to entice those fun seeking game market consumers to reach for their pocket books to come in and join us.

Dance move emotes are one of the single most powerful nukes within our gaming arsenal's venue because they accent so much else with so much appeal towards fun that we cannot have enough of them or find enough places where they could then become relevant within our game.

~Interactive Dance Quests~
    Dance quests shouldn't not only be within our questing, they should become an actual skill that can be used to move about and "interact with them". This means that our emote dances need to have possibly more targeting features where the NPC can then recognize the dance move and react to it in reply.

With such mechanics, our game could have better interactive appeal with a side quest battle of dance skills within our emote dancing abilities...
    "Dare I say, Random Dance Off Encounter?" o_O

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  12. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

13. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

The old toyota emote jump (it is at the very end)

The Richard Simmons heel click . (couldn't find Richard simmons doing it..)

Akimbo (hands on hips, elbows out)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akimbo

Lots of Yoga positions naming a just a few of these but then you could have in game Yoga classes/ events.
    childs pose (also know as the Waynes world, we're not worthy)
    http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/child-s-pose/

Downward facing dog
    http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/downward-facing-dog/

Tree pose
    http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/tree-pose/

Dances
    Foxy Lady dance by Garth of Waynes World (it starts about halfway through video clip)

Pulp fiction Dance

The Pajama Game, Steam heat dance

McHammer.

I wanna be like you dance (louie from jungle book)

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Time Lord and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  14. Selene

Selene Avatar

OMG, Love those suggestions, Rofo!!

15. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

thanks the Garth Foxy lady is my favorite.. (after your already suggested "timewarp")

16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The dances are fun, but I'd like to see more moods and emotes conducive to roleplay, or that NPCs can use in dialogue. We already have several silly dances.

17. Selene

Selene Avatar

You can never have too many dances. :D But more of everything would be nice.

18. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I have no problem with more emotions.. Just me being an emotionally stunted male, I couldn't think of any to suggest that haven't already been named.
    So I went for poses and dances.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Dancing Emote Down the Street~
    [​IMG]

If such an emote that had the character moving forward could be created,
    "then maybe it could be allowed to be guidable by mouse control for fallow the leader dance styles"

[​IMG]

We're bound to have a parade sometime right?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  20. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Here are some good emotion suggestions.
    • /Accuse
    • /Angry
    • /Blush
    • /Bored
    • /Comfort
    • /Cower
    • /Cross Arms