1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Spring Telethon of the Avatar 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

GAH!!! I asked for this a year ago. :p

2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

The compass might want to have grayed text for locations that are far away (smaller grey icons) different to compass locations that are closer thus having larger white icons. I think the tooltip text for both is the same, made me look for something that wasn't as close as I thought it was :) A text size, colour difference (smaller, more grey?) would make accidently hovering on something in the distance more obvious :)

3. Nick

Nick Avatar

Anyone knows if there are plans for wagons and balloons to be displayed on the overland map? Where we can click on that will show a list of nested towns we can go?

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

DarkStarr said:
    Viper Venom: Can we get plantable trees that take very long times to grow. Like take a year irl to fully grow and we can see it grow from a seedling?
    Not sure many players would enjoy this...
    I think items that demonstrate longevity would be great. I'd love to have an item that represented how many years I'd been playing.

5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Not binding to basements directly is kind of a shame. Can't think of a reason why not personally, but TY for the answer!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No comment on fishing which keeps getting pushed out and hopefully it and agriculture get some additions before launch of the game ie Ep1.

monkeysmack and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Its only a game right? Will those players murder helpless animals or non human creatures?

Sorry but I kinda find this line of thinking wierd for a game that allows killing of inocent creatures or the murder of helpless trees. I also need to mention I am alergic to garlic and believe no healing spells should require it, if I were to be healed with a spell using garlic it could make me very sick!!

Its a video game dont get bent outta shape over a virtual ingredient that isnt real. Mabey the title just needs mature rating... oh wait

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Fister Magee and Vallo Frostbane like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Aeso Wondah, i just finished malice a few days ago. it's in my journal as "this should be very easy for you." apparently that means only dying four or five times, wiping out almost half the adv xp reward for completing the quest line. the prod xp reward was intact, though, so that was nice.

...and kobolds are not obsidian creations. trolls are, though.

Barugon likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's a video game.. you allergies are irrelevant and garlic is a natural food. Speaking of natural food, so are animals. And that house you probably live in.. a lot of that is wood.. so I fail to see how any of what you just said applies. If that's how you view the game then why are you playing? If you have no problem with these things (which you apparently don't) then you have no argument. It's entirely your choice. It's all opt-in behavior where you have full knowledge of what you're doing.

As I stated.. I do not have a problem with cannibalism being in the game so long as it's something the player knowingly opts int0. The problem I have is it's being thrust on the player with no knowledge in the form of a healing potion. Which in a sense is even worse when you consider most players are accustomed to just quaffing healing potions left and right without a second thought. What new player isn't going to drink the potion when their health is low for the first time? Oh guess what! You've been drinking corpse wax! A by product of human remains! Only obtained from the undead.

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You can only harvest dead trees.

11. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

So no virtue vs anti virtue in EP1? I hope you reconsider, as the current PVP system encourages a FFA playstyle which I am fine with, but a lot of players hoped for a little more than just DayZ KoS combat.

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Which is really besides the point anyway. Let me take this from another angle..

This is a game about virtues and behavior right? There have been many discussions in the forums about cannibalism and even those who want it agree that it should have consequences, such as a hit to your virtue. Yet, this can only apply when the player is conscience of what they're doing. All behaviors should be something players opt-into (or out of) with full knowledge of what they're doing but game sets up every single player to engage in some manner of cannibalism without their knowledge and without any reason at all.

13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Please estimate a time that is really close to right now.

I'm not sure I understand this answer - what is the point of the scraps recipes if they don't reduce your requirements for primary sources?

Please consider my previously posted feedback with regards to hats, helmets and masks:

Also, I know it's probably too late to be making changes like this now, but having masks and hats as separately equipable items would also be great.

I would also be up for things that take a long time to grow/mature but then have a commensurate payoff. I'd like to have the "rain waters crops" stuff in game first though.

Bow Vale and Lao Tzu like this.
  14. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Wow, seems like SotA has its own form of vegans now ;)

Mishikal likes this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im just shocked at how easily people find to get offended about stuff today. Imop its a virtual game dont over think it.

Also to your original point the potions new players get were never made and did not use any corpse wax in thier creation so your argument does not apply to those. Only the player made ones used any ingredents.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Mishikal likes this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Really lol, I was intentionaly making a dumb statement.

Ok then, what about the birds who nested in the tree or the insects that uesd the tree as thier home.

Btw tree activsts protect dead trees as much as they protect live ones.

17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's ok. I'm shocked at some things people DON'T get offended over and are quick to dismiss something without a thought. If you have something constructive to add then by all means. But I'm not making a case based solely on offense but what makes sense for the game. When the pro-cannibals agree there should be consequences in a game where consequences are supposed to be important.. does it really make sense for the game to push this kind of thing on players without their knowledge and with no consequence? This much is an argument about design and has nothing to do with who gets offended by the principle of it and who doesn't.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The only argument that you have that I can get behind is why is corpse wax used in a healing pot. Its seams like a wierd ingrediant for a healing potion but as far as offended outrage for it I cannot even pretend to have any.

However having to chop down 6 trees to make a bow is so if you wanna make signs and have a march and break stuff let me know.

(Portalarium - the break stuff comment is a joke based on the fact that the goals of most marches is to break things and cause mayhem. By no means do I intend violence, simply having fun with that play on a march).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's fine, I don't expect everyone to care. It is after all.. just a game. :) But I think there are probably enough people out there who do care.. whether we think their reasons are rational or not. It is at least somewhat understandable (I think) that some people would be revolted at the thought of cannibalism (real or imagined) and would want no part of it. To find out after the fact that the game has had them engaging in it under false pretense can be a huge turn off. Few people would seriously argue that it's normal behavior.

On the point of a ingredients that make sense, there's nothing healthy about consumption of corpse wax. It just makes no sense and just about any other ingredient would do. ok someone will say "it's magic" so anything goes.. and I'll want to smack them upside the head of using a cop out catch all excuse for anything they don't want to explain.. (but that's neither here nor there I suppose.. pet peeves and all that).. now if it was a poison potion I could see that.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Thats only the case if they made or bought player made potions and if you think corpse wax is real.

Starting potions and found in loot table potions are poofed and not made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.