1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Spring Telethon of the Avatar 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

But in world lore would not all potions be made in the same way? You could argue in theory that there could be multiple recipes for producing a healing potion with roughly equal effects but the game shows no evidence for that. You could also RP that you're not really using corpse wax if that works for you. But the game shouldn't force players to make their own exceptions.

It's not always a question of thinking something is real or not. Sometimes even in games principles matter to people and in some respects it really never is 'just a game'.. It's how we spend our free time, unwind and get away from life's troubles. In some respects it can be quite personal.. Everyone has different levels of attachment (or detachment). I don't think there's really a catch all way of looking at it that makes perfect sense to everyone.

And it's time to go to work.. At any rate, agree or not I've made my point to my satisfaction. I don't want to go on for pages about it I can start a new thread for that.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I am going to sell vegan potions and make a fortune.

*clears his throat*

Buy Corpse Wax free Potions! All 'organic' refined with breastmilk from swedish teenagers for the Hipster Avatar. It is 509PC Goddamnit!

All jokes aside corpse wax can come from any corpse...

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think some people would be extremely shocked to realize what was in the various potions and crazy remedies their ancestors drank. But this discussion seems to have gone off the rails for the topic, can it be moved to a different thread?

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Technically true so long as it isn't fresh, but in-game it only comes from human undead.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

This discussion has more or less run its course already so long as people don't keep bringing it up. :)

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Why is there no bandaid healing skill in the game? I mostly eat before battle and use healing touch sometimes.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im just gonna go back to the fact that this is a computer game and fantasy and we cant cadre to a .01% issue relating like this because some one has an in game issue with corpse wax coming from human bodies right now. People want a game to go far to much into reality. This just opens up far to many possibilities for complains about any loot of any animal. For example skinning and eating dogs, or even taking human skeletal bones and making a set of armor with it. I myself find it odd that I go into Seq Colossus every day and murder 300 humans without any back story as to why. Nobody told me "hey, there are bad guys in Seq Collosus killing everyone, go get them"... no.... I just go into the zone and murder them all. But this is a fantasy game. We spend far to much time complaining about far to finite issues when there are far greater fish to fry.

Seriously though. I have 20,000 granite in my chest right now and Im perfectly happy with that. I dont want the "real lifers" in the game demanding each block (of 20,000) should have to be placed one by one in my basement for storage. I just want to have fun in a game.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

ok AGAIN.. the main issue is pushing it on players WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE.. why does everyone ignore that part and assume it's thing I said I don't have a real problem with?

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Not in scope for EP1. unfortunately. Non-magical healing is supposed to go in at some point.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

In all your posts I only saw you make this comment once in one sentence. I still dont think the dev's should be forced to report back anything to people for any system they make (but a simple report back is nice if they have time). Far to many people want to inject themselves into the development process with far to little understanding of it when it is changing far to fast. Far to many people get upset about a change without have any understanding of why it was made which was probably done 3 tiers above where they think it is (aka, the change was made to fix a very complex problem, not a simple on like a user may think). Welcome to the world of Information Technology as a whole.

Mishikal likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

And far to many people suggest that someone shouldn't provide feedback because they personally consider something a non-issue. Even when they themselves don't have an argument or seem to care about the issue one way or another.

Part of our job as players during the open development process is to interject and provide feedback. It's not our job to police that feedback. If you have an argument to make as to why it should be the way it is.. or why making even a simple change to a recipe would somehow be detrimental then I'm happy to hear it.

12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I hope no change is made to the devotionals. I love just running to one, stop for 1-2 secs, get the buff. If you need to make it with any change, please add the checkbox option in the game options to turn the default (the way it is now) back @DarkStarr. Thanks

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  13. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

My Questions weren't answered also about the Bundles,

Are they going to allow payment plans with Bundles? If so when?

thx

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is going to exclude me from re-engaging in PvP for the duration of episode one.

Vallo Frostbane likes this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Last time I asked something like this it depends on someone being able (and available) to do the web development but "eventually" I'm waiting on payment plans myself for a bundle and town upgrade.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

In the words of Honeythorn Gump: "It's the freshest".

17. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

And that's really sad.

18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Thanks, Starr.

I might be lynched as heretic, but...

...I hope hangout/telethon interesting questions would NOT be answered in actual hangout/telethon, and instead get a reply in these super-informative thread Starr compiles after the live broadcasts.

If my question was answered live, I have to scan twelve hours of video of varying interest. Don't take me wrong, I *still* love SotA, but, well...

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So you want them to change the recipes? I'm telling you there is no way I would eat or drink many things we create in our fantasy world in RL, yuk even venison since I don't care for it in RL or eat all that much meat really, but I can tell you in our fantasy world in game I eat a lot of venison and I would eat trolls heads as well because it is kind of silly since there are no troll heads in rl to have to eat, which I of course wouldn't if there were. ;) It is just the silliness of it that makes it interesting and funny. This is another stop in the game progress to change all the recipes. Balancing some of them I agree needs done. Yes true they could take the time to do what you you are opposed to, but do you really want them to do this instead of other things?

Lord Baldrith and Mishikal like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well... we do know that in the game human spirits can separate from their bodies and become ghosts, and then this spirit can reunite with their skeletal remains to bring them to life. Wouldn't necessarily say that souls and spirits mean the same thing in all contexts, but in the context of an about afterlife, you're probably talking about the same thing...

So, then its a question of whether you can have ghosts of elves, kobolds, satyrs, fauns, etc...

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.