1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Spring Telethon of the Avatar 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think a year off in game time would be fine (i.e. about a month).

While I agree in principal that more attention should garner greater rewards, once we're talking about real life periods of months to grow stuff then you have to allow for the fact that otherwise active players have busy weekends and holidays so there has to be some balance and automation. Also, trees are generally not a crop that is manually watered (at least where I live).

I think there are also possibilities around getting more resources if you wait longer, more than that month, to harvest. Also something like a fruit tree which you could plant, harvest after one month for wood or harvest every two months for fruit.

ship2 likes this.
  2. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

3. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

4. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I'm glad to hear nested bags are still planned for the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later and also hopefully drag and drop into bags eventually.

5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Umuri: Patterns: Will artifacts get patterns (torch/new orbs)? Will the emperor's new clothes get a pattern so we can make invisible cloth/bone armor?
    Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can you please ensure that we do not have invisible armor or weapons (i.e. emperor's new clothes) since it will be horrible for PVP?
    Starr: Yes Artifacts will get patterns. No the Emperor’s New Clothes will not get patterns. No invisible armor for PVP!

Coming back into edit my first response with a link to a thread I posted - it' not even been a full day and is closing on 100 replies.

Plea for Eternal Patterns regarding the Emperor's and Empresses' New Clothing Bundle
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rors-and-empresses-new-clothing-bundle.83329/

There's been a lot of dialog and one of the common recurring themes is the fact that people are against the Emp's New Clothes because they don't like the idea of naked people in game. And there's also a concern that if these invisible light armor wearables are turned into patterns they may offer an advantage... I offer you this image as a test. One avatar is wearing newb clothing and the other avatar is wearing a full set (cloak included) of pledge, telethon, and Emp's New Clothing items. Which avatar is improperly dressed for PVP?

I purchased these items in good faith and have since created an identity for my avatar in game. Please reconsider making the Emp's New Clothes eligible for the pattern system.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@DarkStarr Still waiting on the response to my questions I posted in this thread that came from the Telethon. :)

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Restate it for him. He's extremely busy, please;)

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

majoria70 likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

@Mishikal

1) Will Portalarium consider partnering with GOG Games in addition to Steam? A lot of people find Steam/Valve to be rather evil
    Sure we will consider it

2) Will it eventually be possible to buy all addon store items via COTOs?
    Yes eventually

3) Future development idea (Guessing out of scope for episode 1): Some type of ability to do trade related quests. Given the design of game is to have resource limited regions, it would be neat if, similar to the mail quests, there could be quests to deliver resources that are "scarce" to certain areas. In addition if the area has been recently devastated (sieges, etc) there is a higher value for goods (and those good could be crafted items, not just raw resources).
    Cool idea

4) For fishing trophies, it would be nice to log who caught the fish (comment rather than question)
    Cool idea

5) Water gardening for water lots (For examples, oysters have been farmed since 1st century BC)
    Yes eventually

6) Will meticulous be fixed so that it applies to more than just the base item (I.e., if you get meticulous on an iron node, you'll get more iron ore, but only a single of anything else you might have proc'd like tungsten, nickle, etc)?
    Maybe

7) On the idea of not having trees in swamps, I counter with Louisiana ;)
    To be clear I never said that swamps don't have lots of trees I just pointed out that for a while that swamps had more trees than forests

8) Will it become possible to add your own Points Of Interest to the compass, like /way X Y Z <Desc> so you can add a waypoint to something you want to track specifically?
    Maybe eventually

9) when could we expect the walls around keeps and castles to be removed so that the lots can be fully utilized, along with the walls that came with our pledges.
    I have answered this over and over. Some players consider the built in walls what they purchased so they are staying in NPC and PRT towns. If you want a lot with no built in walls then you have to live in a POT.

10) Will husbandry be added to the game? (Chicken coops, barn stalls, etc) Chicken coops were at least somewhat discussed as I recall, so maybe. ;)
    Yes eventually

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Some players, based on a poll when very few people were playing, in direct contradiction to the description of the lot size (2x City lot). The pledge also clearly detailed that it came with walls. The picture was clearly an example of what the lot would look like if the walls were placed. Why should everyone have to suffer because some small pool of players can't read and/or lacks the basic ability to place decorations? There are quite a few really amazing keep lots in the NPC towns that are utterly ruined by the forced walls, which also cannot be used to place decorations or anything else, further violating the pledge promise of the 2x City lot usable area. The last time I saw any commentary from the devs is that this decision was going to be reconsidered, based on the enormous feedback in the long standing thread to please tear down the walls. I'm extremely disappointed to hear that this has been abandoned once again.

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Point me to a thread where there is unanimous or even just overwhelming majority in favor of removing the walls please.

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'll trade you my founder city deed for your keep deed. :D

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'd trade for a founder castle deed :p

Barugon likes this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@DarkStarr
    I just went through and tallied all the people from the thread referenced above, and came to the following counts.

Against walls: 44
    For walls: 1 (possibly 4)
    neutral: 1
    unstated (but possibly against): 1

I'm happy to share the data with you if you need. But 44:4 seems overwhelming against the walls to me.

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That thread isn't really representative. Some time back, they turned off the walls for all keep and castle lots and provided full sets of placeable stone castle walls to Duke and higher pledge holders. The response was very negative and most asked for the old walls back.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Playing devils advocate, can you link that thread?

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It was a long time ago and a number of threads. Anyway, it seems to me that the ultimate solution would be to make it an option when you change your house (because it would need to clear the lot).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.