1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Spring Telethon of the Avatar 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I would suggest reading the thread. The response was overwhelmingly against the walls. And I would say the original thread was what was not representative, because it was done before final lot placement, when very few people were playing. I certainly was never contacted about taking part of the poll. I would have thought something so important would have at least involved contacting everyone effected, not just doing a poll among the handful of people playing before persistence. I think this post is probably the most meaningful out of the entire group of posts:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tear-down-the-wall-s.56471/page-5#post-739876

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I linked the other one in the history one.

However that thing is gone, only someone with mod access can find those since it was deleted by the poster who advocated the most for it due to all the grief he got later when the requested change went through.

Also the one that most remember that ended about 50/50 at the time when the custom walls couldn't be seen from a distance. That one was deleted by the poster as well since he thought the poll was 'rigged' by players with multiple accounts.

However a lot of the old lobbying was outside the forums.

E n v y likes this.
  3. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

Mishikal and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@DarkStarr Still waiting for a response on this. ;)

5. Lady Julie

Lady Julie Avatar

=> 45 against walls as you can add me.
    Reasons: loose place and need to be able to put add on store walls or other walls.
    Thank you.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@DarkStarr Now that you're back. ;) I would note I saw a castle today in a PoT, where the person had no issue putting up the walls that came with the pledge for the purpose of those who wanted walls to have them. It again shows why the forced walls is an absurd restriction. Refugee's Haven was the PoT in question.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Will get him on the horn as soon as possible! Please allow him some time to get back to the regular routine before diving head first into the forums again :).

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Berek I'd say the fact that the new seed invest Castles come with walls that require placement further undercuts the argument that the castle and keep lots in NPC towns should have hard walls, instead of being able to use the ones we were provided with as a part of our pledge. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.