Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sprint give speed bonus too long

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Tiina Onir, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

1. Title: Sprint give speed bonus too long
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: I'm not sure about lower levels of it, but at level 10 you can easily sprint contentiously with it locked on your bar. I think either the cool-down needs to be increased, or the duration needs decreased. I think increasing the cooldown would be better.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: activate sprint, once it expires activate it again
    6. User Specs: N/A
    margaritte tells me this is working as intended, so it's a feedback rather then true bug. I am reposting this in feedback. In summation, I don't think I should be able to sprint from one side of the map to the other.

Thanks!

2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

No, Just No.

Light armor need mobility, it's one of the trade offs to having no resiliency. Sprint is fine as is. Dash, which heavy armor can get is prolly shorter for this very reason.

Katrina Bekers, Net, Athanil and 2 others like this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I agree.. except that it seems everyone and their pet is running sprint as the gtfo card for pvp..

Is it set so u cant use when in heavy armor? i swear i watched a tank run outa combat so fast that it dified the light armor advantage..

4. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Yea there is a light armor requirement for it. Dash on the other hand has same effect in the air glyph tree, just shorter. Another thing people using are Engage Opponent, which is a charge type effect which lets them cover large amounts of terrain in short order.

5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

so, you're telling me, putting essentially no training into it, you should be able to sprint, nonstop, for any distance? That's madness.

Sure, you get that thing up to GM sprint all day. At level 10 though? Even Philippides had a heart attack.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Numa and Spoon like this.
  6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

If you are locking sprint on your bar you deserve to sprint as long as you like. It's a master level trainer light armor skill so it makes sense for lower levels to last longer. Players need something to run away from Mrblight's arrows. In practice I don't think this skill is used endlessly either you are running to something to hit it in which case you are using it once or you are running away from something that will kill you which should not make you have a cool down for longer more death from archers is not needed.

Numa likes this.
  7. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I think sprint if fine, and I don't even have it locked, it's just in my deck, and it helps me deal with multiple archers / mage combos. For the amount of work and it's position in the tree I think it's fine as is. In PvP Archers can still kill me, and I can get away from heavy armor which sounds about right.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.