Stacking....and epic building

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ser Kyrlieon, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ser Kyrlieon

Ser Kyrlieon Avatar

So I made myself a crafting pavilion from stones...stairs levels the whole shabang...what bums me out is the fact I can’t put crafting stations on it. Just a further gripe we can’t add deco to walls nor can we put important things on top of self built items. We can stack planters, but crafting stations no. :(

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

There are a few things that we need updated to allow more placement options. I still dont understand why we can't have Dungeon entrances at all levels of a house, or why they removed ability for us to put green houses on balcony or other roofs that could support. the more options we have the more people will use things and the more store items that will be sold too.. we need more options and flexibility @Elgarion

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this was changed. if you can't put a dungeon entrance on an upper floor (and it's not hitting the ceiling or something) bug it.

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

oh! nice. now I have to go test again lol

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, agree. Have similar gripes with some placement restrictions. There's some interior areas of somehouses (like courtyards) where you can't place hedges/fences/walls they are outdoor only flagged. Shogun string lights outdoor only makes me very sad too.

Mishra likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

that one should have been changed, too, though i don't know how much the flags were eased

7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I believe it is fundamental to any "sandbox" game that you can build "blocks" of some kind, stack them into a structure, and then place additional objects on its walls and roof. Making your own dynamic buildings and such out of fundamental elements in the game world is necessary for this to feel like a true sandbox world (and to allow players to create their own immersive experiences). This is something that was touched on during early access, and hasnt been iterated on (much, visibly) since then.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  8. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Blocks, don't get me started on blocks. All the restrictions they have, it's just really annoying. I have a theater, but i can't place instruments on the stage. Build a couple of arena's, was never able to place any braziers or other generic stuff on them. (been asking for ages though!)

I 100% agree with this. They changed it because people started building huge walls of blocks in Owl's Head during Early Access. Shame they only looked at that and not at the events people have hosted in/on top of "weird looking structures" Does anyone remember the Sky arena that Para and a few others made? Another one would be the mazes. Currently i can even finish the gustball arena because of a recent fix/change. No more building for me until they fix all of this stuff. :(

kaeshiva and Black Tortoise like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It would make sense if they were all "physical" entrances like stairs or doors. But they're all magical teleporters (because that's lazier) so I agree. Ideally, there would be different types, some which needed to be on the ground floor or outdoors (stairs, cave entrances, sewer entrances) and some that could be placed anywhere (ugly magical teleporters).

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  10. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I've succeeded in building with the wooden wall pieces, suspending chess boards on it - then placing deco items on the chess board. I *think* you still could with some of the paver stones too. Yes - it is tricky to get it to work. :p

11. Vaslor

Vaslor Avatar

I can add wall shelves to walls (but not dividers), which then allows me more options. But I think there needs to be a concerted pass at all the in-game deco to fix the surface options they can be placed on. I have a Gothic mansion and I am limited on some of the awesome items I can place on the roof. On the items in the crown store, I want the ability to attach lights and garland and other such stuff to the gazebo, but I can't. The most decorating I can do to it is place things on top of the rail.

I would love more craftable walls and even platforms so I could build elaborate structures in my dungeons.

12. Alley Oop

you should be able to put them on most dividers, except for the hospital ones. if not, bug it.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Can confirm, just put a Magic Mirror entrance on the 3rd or 4rth floor of my home!

Elgarion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.