Stained Glass recipes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jefe, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

We can make glass sheets using generic gem fragments. Would be nice to make varying stain glass sheets based on composite gem shard types and have that feed into other recipes. I.E. citrine fragments and sapphire fragments making a blue and gold ankh stained glass window pane.

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I could totally make a GH with stained glass.... but then I'd spend all my time up there on my back lookin at the colors :)

cool idea though..

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Having a decompression site in game to just sit back and enjoy the view might not be a bad thing.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The fragment-to-glass thing is something I always felt got added kind of in a rush when they added in the greenhouse home, since suddenly we needed to have 'glass' as an ingredient. Previous things, like crafting the (placeable) greenhouse - used no glass at all. It would make more sense to me to be able to harvest sand in any number of desert scenes or beaches and turn that into glass, and perhaps mix in a gem fragment of a particular color into the mix to make 'colored' glass in the 8 colors we have fragments for - which should by extension be used to make stained glass windows, colored flasks, bottles, and various other decorative objects that would really only need a color filter changing on the asset but would add loads of variety. You could also have potential for offhand items like glass orbs, crystal balls, prisms, glassware (cups, and such), glass slippers, and crafted versions of all the existing boilerflask/testtube/etc in your color of choice by using the appropriately colored material.

5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Agree. May take a bit since it is an 8-fold split on their system most likely. That and they could have quartz crystals in the pile as well.

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think stained glass objects are available from the add on store. I've made some of the craftable lamps and mirrors, the elven ones have the green tinge using emeralds, but I fully understand that adding stained glass to crafting would impact Ports revenue generation, as I imagine those stained glass lamps sell well as they're very cool.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So the store elven lights have metal inlays, others have frosted glass. Haven’t seen stained glass yet. I’d imagine that there would be fancy store versions and less fancy crafted versions. I’d at least expect something multi chromatic. Obvious choice starting with stained glass windows. Other things as they think of them would certainly be cool.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

9. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Yep, it has been requested before but don't remember how long ago. Would be nice. Also would be nice if the Elven craftable light let us switch out the gem to make another color lighting. Maybe, a similar style with say a walnut colored wood that let us change the color of the light be the color of the gem.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.