Standup Commentary

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Kilhwch, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

What are these new potions? Anyone already know?

2. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

Ok!! where did Chaox go to

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

hopefully somewhere nice!

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I see a lot of "Livestream" work, is there something going on today I don't know about?

5. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

More Livestreams = More donations

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ooohh....

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Chaox why no hints on fishing update plans? Has the water in the game already been upgraded in the scenes to allow for the many types of fish? Release 58 will be here before we know it. Not trying to be a pain but I'm really hoping for a good update for fishing. Im curious of course. Please please.

Paladin Michael and Chatele like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Fix the Geisterseelen!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Witcheypoo and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. devilcult

devilcult Avatar

Kinda scary to see people work on dungeon day after day just as they started mentionning they would introduce dungeon (which was supose to happen in about a year from darkstarr words)... Id rather see more bug fixing and polishing so new people actually stay in game and get to be strong enough to actually play our dungeon later ;p Take your times guys!

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah please fix the broken items that we have in our houses

11. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

Agreed, that and the usual 3 people asking for fishing. There are so many more important things needed right now like bug fixing.

Debcool, Gix and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What is there to review?
    Last we heard shipping should begin within a few days.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So August 6th and 7th brought us stand up notes mentioning the fishing update for R58 and then again silence about fish and fishing things. I know the team is super busy to the max but here's hoping some of the tech we need got added in or it gets added in some time in the background. Things such as fish types, fish weights and new higher tier fish recipes.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    FrostII and calkano (PAX) like this.
  14. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Last week, they officially mentioned the Fishing update here:
    Avatar’s Update #292: Player Made Dungeons

So have no fear Marjoria, fishing is near!

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks I'm so worried I guess. I didn't see it mentioned in your link. I did listen to the livestream though. I just feel that loading all our waterways with fish types appropriate for that type of water and giving fish weights and making it so they like different bait types or need different fishing poles and adding in new recipes would take some thing to make it all happen. These are only basics that need to happen and I worry they won't happen.

Paladin Michael and FrostII like this.
  16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Avatar

--> You're right, it's important to fix bugs, it is also very important to finish unfinished and early announced features, like fishing! Even if I am not "the" fisher. But it's giving great feature and more "life" to the game, and it's a question of fairness. There are -more than 3- people still waiting for that for years!

Not to forget
    -very- old
    Known Issues

• Elysian Illumination no longer damages undead, and has a broken range for applying heals.
    • Pets cannot follow players onto moving platforms.

(repeatedly posted) bugs (QA), like
    - test with the Oracle: must be confirmed two/three times
    - quests not vanishing from task list and/or compass after completion
    - Vendors walking away while talking to them
    - "Geisterseelen" quest

and - of course - delayed content, like
    - fishing

?

I am not talking about the announced rework of Quest Journal and whole quest systwem. I think work will start earliest October/November, to make it ready for Early Access Episode 2 with new year.
    Until end of year, I am sure, most known issues (I hope all) and oldest bugs are fixed and fishing works well. So we will receive a state of the game we wished to have at official launch.
    I would say: December is "inofficial" launch date for Episode 1 :) And if they have enough time to finish Dungeon stuff - well, great!

I think, talking on telethon/live stream about why these things couldn't be done (earlier), would be interesting and giving understanding(!) why things weren't fixed, before someone works on new content (like do-it-yourself-dungeon).

Gaelis, Debcool, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  17. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I'm pretty sure the Devs would have seen your fishing requests.
    They are working on it (as stated in that post) so I think it's just going to be a case of wait & see.
    Remember, they have less staff now, so just give them a chance & I am sure they will update us know when they can.
    They have a LOT on their plate right now
    . :)

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Fishing seems complete enough to me for now. I can go our and fish any time I like, actually get fish and cook them into many kinds of foods.

Fishing is something that probably has a .00001% chance of helping boost play numbers. Why not spend time on something that has a .1% chance of boosting play numbers?

This topic urks me because its yet another held by a very small but loud population of this community that are the ones who have the dev's ears who keep pulling this project off on tangents that do not help its core features to make it sustainable. There are so many basic functions in this game that need fixing first like the friggen story line.

If they spend all this time on fishing its gonna go like brewing. Everyone does it for 1 few days, create 150 casks and then probably never return. Yet still, our characters dont climb ladders.

The new make your own dungeon feature however is a requirement now because its going to be a BIG money maker to help pay for E2 (following the tradition already established of build as we go).

So Im not against fishing, its just not a high priority.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Avatar

You are right, 2112Starman,

but high priority or not:
    it is in for next releases and it should be finished like alot other stuff.
    I can't imagine it takes a lot of time and I think, a lot of work has been done by now.
    The Crafting trees are functional very close to each other. So it's not they have to reinvent the wheel ;)

And: not all decisions can be made -only- by money. A lot of stuff was told as "requirement".
    Well, if this would have been right in past, things would look in another way ...

There are things people trust(ed) in. And if that (trust and stuff) won't get fixed, how shall it work furthermore?
    One of the greatest disapointment was the Story/Quest presentation (and sending us -also after launch!- on the Path of the Bugfinder).
    A few days before a thread was deleted, where a customer was wondering about the fact, that he bought a launched (=finished) product and was "forced" to bug report in a special form.
    Well, what is telling this? A half-baked solution is better than no solution? I don't think so.

I am sure, when the whole Quest / Journal system is done in a really good way, a lot of players will come back. And ALL (also new) players will enjoy the story experience more!
    And as I said before: There were people telling, players who are here for story are a minority! The raising of bug reporting and especially feedback for quests shortly after official launch told another truth ...
    I would say THIS is a very important requirement for a Story - EPISODE - driven Role Playing game (equal if someone plays it off- or online).
    Look at this thread, showing, what could be and telling about the hope of people, for example,
    here or here :)

And even I am not fisihing a lot of time:
    It is important to make fishing more interesting and deliver what was promised.

If I can't trust in that, how can I trust in a better and new Quest/Journal system for Episode 2?
    I have the trust, what I said before: end of year the game will be what we liked to have with official launch.
    And if fishing and player made dungeons are in: it will be great :)

After that we can go on for Episode 2: that's high priority and of course an important requirement :)

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dont see how fishing in its form now is not considered complete. I can fish, get fish and cook them into food. Sure there isnt an elaborate system with a ton more fish (although there is a lot now) and fish of different size... but what system do we have in this game that was really completed... seiges... no... tamming... no... Story line... no... CP's... no... PvP... no, group play in game... no... a proper LFG tool.... no... etc...? If we want to talk about systems in the game that are not complete, I can rattle off 20 that would be more beneficial to the player base then fishing. But what we most definantly have is a great dance party system because thats what the dev's "clique" group convinced them to make sure was important first. Could you imagine what city sieges would look like if they put all the time they invested into dance party stuff into sieges??? What would keep a new player in this game more, a 20 new dance party deco or finishing the story line? What I know is that on launch, we added 20 people to my village inn renting out rooms and by the 2nd month... all but 2 quit the game, do you think that was due to fishing being incomplete (How about new user experience)?

By the way, I do think the dev's know this and are doing a good job with this. they have resisted the fishing clique for a few years now, I just think they are now caving into the pressure.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Gorthyn and Paladin Michael like this.