Standup Commentary

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Kilhwch, Oct 30, 2013.

1. smack

smack Avatar

@Chris

Any chance of the Standup Notes returning again? These were really helpful to let us know what the team is working on, but now we're in the dark.

My standup notes spreadsheet is rather blank now...

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hopefully one day soon the team will be in the office again with a ramped up development team then perhaps we will see stand-up notes again. Right now most news is through watching Chris' streams, livestreams, release notes and patch notes. I try to keep up but since it is all over the place I do miss some ideas and future implementation news too. We could have a thread about What have you heard and who said it?

3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Not sure they are working on very much at all any more...

4. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I disagree with you & believe they are all very busy.
    If you listen (you don't have to actually watch) to @Chris Livestreams, he talks about all manner of tasks the team are working on.

I will agree with others who have spoken above, about "missing the daily Stand Up Notes" that used to appear here....
    I missed the condensed version of the Teams tasks very much indeed.

5. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British
    Without the daily stand-ups (or any significant dev presence on the forums) the appearance is that game development has gone off the rails. That may not be the case, but the perception is not healthy for the game.

All we see is that the last release missed several goals because the team moved to... no office. Even worse, a good deal of that diminished content was not actually ready for release and is still being patched/fixed on live as of today. (2+ weeks after it was "released") Since the team is still working on fixing the last release, what, if anything, will actually be ready to release on April 25th? What are the odds that any of it will be on test in time to find/fix bugs so Port doesn't have to spend the month of May fixing game stopping bugs from "April" content?

The lack of information on what is being done feeds worst case scenario conspiracy theories that are not good for the game. The discord conversations with my guild mates have changed from talking about what is coming out next month to speculating about whether or not Darkstarr is actually full time running this ship and what game we will play if SotA doesn't right itself in the next couple of months.

Please fix the forum information blackout. It's Dangerous for your game.
    (Daily 2 hour stream of consciousness twitch movies don't work as the main/only communication!!!)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Amelli, Cordelayne, Weins201 and 7 others like this.
  6. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Ignoring the Community must be the new Strategy from Portalarium!?

Just went Premium in Albion Online (now free 2 play).

Weins201 likes this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I agree with you.

There is a LOT of discussion ingame & on Discord by players who cannot watch the current daily streams due to work commitments or timezones (or who do not wish to spend 2 hours a day to listen to a stream, to glean a few tid-bits of positive actions by Chris, so in effect, the goodwill he is creating, is being lost by the majority of the current player-base)

I feel a lot of the questions that @Chris has been bombarded with, need to be documented & placed somewhere on here in the "Official Shroud Forum = Communication tool"

Amelli, Cordelayne, Gorthyn and 3 others like this.
  8. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I gave up a long time ago. The only thing if you are a supporter/fan of the game that can be done is just sit around and wait, and just hope that things get fixed, and or they actually make the game.

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

Is Anna still doing CS?

10. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

My friend who I joined with was having an account issue and he put in a ticket. He waited 3 weeks and went on to another game. He said if he ever hears or gets a resolution he may come back.

11. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

@Chris I like the Yesterday/Today notes in the Daily Standup. It's very SCRUM.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/standup-corner.2315/page-72#post-1227921

It helps us see what was done yesterday and what is planned for today in development. Of course, not everything each day might get done as planned, yet there is a daily plan to reach the next Release (Sprint delivery). Superb!

I do the same daily stand-up of Yesterday/Today/Are You Blocked in my work development environment with my team.

Thanks so much for the detailed notes!

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  12. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Am I the only one who considers the new stand-up corner almost useless and no longer worth visiting?

13. GivenUpToo

GivenUpToo Avatar

At this point, I see it more as a litmus test as to how organized they are. When people were saying "It's fine now, they're started doing the standup notes again", I immediately though, "... for how long?" Chris probably shouldn't be the one doing it. He's too squirrel distractable. I'd love it if the team used something like this. Then, it wouldn't depend on Dr. Squirrel-Distract.

Things like that, or having an office space, or streaming while a stack of unshipped boxes are observably sitting behind you while you're playing with the in-game weather settings, have affect the presentation of professionalism, and the state of peoples' confidence in the team.

Amelli and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Seems fine to me. Still shaping up but fine.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think that's Mojito.

16. GivenUpToo

GivenUpToo Avatar

17. GivenUpToo

GivenUpToo Avatar

18. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Lmao guys. Lmao

19. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

20. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Been going through Agile Training. If they are using Agile to develop the game, we should already have standup notes they can share :D

Gia2 likes this.