Standup Commentary

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Kilhwch, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

And they do have notes. But someone has to take time out of their workday to collate and transfer them to a post. That someone was Chaox, but he’s out with his back problems. So it falls to Chris, ..... who hates doing that. So no standup notes.

Jaesun, oplek and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

They save Hours a day not going in to the office. I don't care if you HATE your JOB.

DO IT!!!!

3. oplek

oplek Avatar

Yeah... Chaox is no longer with Portalarium. So that's that.

Cordelayne and Jack SinAssist like this.
  4. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Wait wait wait. Doesn't Agile sacrifice long-term vision for whatever the consumer wants on any given Sunday? Oh...

I think I'm OK with no daily stand-up notes.

Bring back weekly or monthly updates and I'm there.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I've been through lots and lots and lots of companies doing "agile". I've been on one project in nearly 20 years that actually *did* agile, the rest just cherry pick the things they think sound good, and dump the rest. Usually the first thing to go is a properly staffed QA group.

6. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Amen. Saw the same thing. The best summary I ever heard of it was that somewhere along the way it became Agile development instead of agile development.

Cordelayne and Mishikal like this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I thought we were the QA group.

I don't always get bugs submitted in a timely manner, but when I see something odd going on, I always use devbug from in game ;-)

Mishikal likes this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I report bugs all the time, but that's not relevant to agile processes in this context. ;)

Sentinel2 likes this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

True.

But then again, he was asking about their QA staff ;-)

10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Right, my point being that the QA staff for Portalarium largely got axed. And unfortunately, this affects the game significantly, particularly with the release cycle (release, patch patch patch patch patch)... and most patches add new bugs. Take yesterday's 986, for example, which has broken the UI significantly (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../sticky-bars-release-986.155970/#post-1238838)

Fenrus MacRath and Sentinel2 like this.
  11. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

The combat (and housing) window showing up has not in any way shape or form, impacted my ability to play the game through.... but I do get what you are saying.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, it's certainly not on the scale of past bugs that got introduced by patches post "release". ;)

13. oplek

oplek Avatar

14. oplek

oplek Avatar

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

16. oplek

oplek Avatar

[​IMG]
    Sure would be nice to know if anyone's working on Ep. 2, and whether the $20 I spent on early access is going to materialize into anything... at all.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They are working on Episode 2 per Chris/Atos. The thing I am hoping for is that they make it a big deal and not just role it out piece by piece so it never seems like we are getting an episode 2 big deal. Infact we may not even know we have episode 2 as much because it is rolled out piece by piece and we say where is episode 2 and they say you already got it. *scratches head*. Things we are not seeing are lots of bundle options for Episode 2 with upcoming things that could be Special Mount Bundle, Special Treasure hunting Bundle, Fishermans Dream Bundle as not necessarily the bundles we would get but ideas.

We never got to see all those devs hired to work on Episode 2 because imo they are not planning on hiring them. What this means to the game is that it will just muddle along like this piece by piece. So sad that reminds me of a song by Kelly Clarkson. ;). So implementing payment plans again and giving us Episode 2 Bundles in a variety of price ranges is my request to the Devs. Placing only a high priced bundle was a big, big mistake also imo. We can have that too but funding for this game should include upcoming fun things. It needs to have popular things like mounts, boating and whatever else we can have. I am not putting anyone down and we do have a lot of wonderful things that have been coming in but I ask for more and for what is imo blatantly missing so far. Come on let's have confidence and especially show we have confidence if these bundles include things coming and not yet in. So just my thoughts. @DarkStarr