Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Start players with Shield skill

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

In case they don't want to play your way, and would like to immediately start leveling a mace shield combo.

Playing Blood River right now, don't know if other paths get shield, but honestly they all should. Let those in Love path start with a sword/shield if they want.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Thought love path was for the bow? Why would then I want a sword and a shield?

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Right now if you want a quality experience you should start on the Love path.

But you can easily pick up a mace and a shield on the first bridge and start whacking, instead of being stuck with a bow.

Unfortunately since they put players into the "bow" class, you can't start leveling that shield skill until you get into the outskirts.

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

ah ok

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Agreed. I would like to have that option from the beginning to choose even Polearm. Not completely sure why a 'path' has pre-determined weapons anyway. The Oracle should just decide our starting path and leave the starting weapons to us.

6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

When the game went persistance I went the "bow" path specifically BECAUSE I wanted to start as a meelee person, because the subterfuge skill 'distract' was already levelled up and I could train dexterity straight away. I figured that levelling my meelee skills was easier than starting with meelee skills and levelling this one particular skill.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Exactly. Classless game, puts you in a class right out the door. My buddy Lightiger IMMIDIATELY told me his character class when he started the game recently. So I guess we have character classes, at least it looks like that to the noobs.

Clever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.