Starting to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by High Baron Asguard, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

If you put the name Womby on your friends list, you can then right click the name when you see that I am in game, whisper to me and I'll be happy to render whatever assistance I can. If you are hopelessly lost you can always /zone to me, although it is best to check where I am first. Otherwise I make no guarantees that you won't be worse off. :)

Rhudaur, Chatele, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  2. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

It's a great shame you are not enjoying your first venture into this fine game, seems you are having exactly the opposite experience to me, but then, with me, when it's dark I make sure I'm carrying a torch at the very least, they do help you navigate during the night. I also prepped myself before joining up by watching a fine youtube video by TheMadHermit which told me about things like the compass and how to find your way around, and where important things are located, like where to buy basement hatches. So I was well prepared before I even created my avatar. Hopefully you have now learnt some of these things and are having a better experience ?

My R18 avatar is Johnny Cage feel free to add me to your friends list ( F key ) and when I'm on I can help you scout out a town lot and get you set up.

edit #1 Monday 8th June Lochoak settlement has 5 town lots free and it is easy to find, come out of Ardoris, go east, it's the first settlement on your left.

Rhudaur, Chatele, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  3. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Yep. There's a learning curve. Still needs lots of work but not playing the game wont help you learn it any better.

Rhudaur likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

To sum up, I think a lot of people pledged more money than they could afford and went on a crazy imagination spree where they imagined unlimited budget and AAA like levels of immersion from the game. I am kind of responsible for thinking that as well. Considering the absolutely tiny budget (i.e., less than 7 million dollars) what we got is actually pretty amazing considering. I just saw what games with 10 times the budget have done, and those don't hit all the things I'm looking for either.

The game will never be perfect and it will never be for the mainstream gamer crowd either. What's hurting the game at the most at the moment is it not being finished and just needing to get into a "stable' state where people can play.

I have learned a whole lot from the experience of backing this game, and not just about Fantasy RPGs, but about kickstarter, crowd mentally, trolls, open game development and what is and isn't possible on a budget, so I consider the experience well worth it. I'm off the see-saw of worrying about game success or if it is or isn't what I wanted. The writing is on the wall for that and has been for sometime, so I'm just enjoying what is and isn't possible at the moment.

But I am looking forward for good or ill of getting away from the alpha process. It seems to have gone on for an excrutiatingly long time.

Cagestorm, Rhudaur and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.