1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Status and Priority of Pledge Rewards, Kickstarter Stretch Goals, and other items

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Not surprising, but still... :(

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't believe they have tech that would translate text from an input field to textures on the surface of an object? Each object would have to have special prep done on them for placement and restrictions also.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, it would be so much better to have street signs and shop signs with actual text on it...

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You mean like the page of a book?

LoneStranger likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Would love that!

Vladamir Begemot and majoria70 like this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Alright similar concept granted. But I believe we're talking about more than just placing fonts. Especially if you want them to look natural on whatever surface they're going on. Books I wager are much simpler.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  7. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Ok, there should be 2 texture details. The far texture should just look like random scribbles. The near should be the actual text. Would probably only need 5-8 of these random scribbles textures to look decent. Once the avatar walks up close, then load the textures for the actual text.

LoneStranger and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Have you considered giving a digital item(s) to players who choose to opt out of the physical goods? I know many players who don't necessarily want their physical items and giving those players a special digital item(s) would probably save Port a great deal of money in producing and shipping unwanted physical goods.

9. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I would definitely consider virtual over physical goods.

I suspect the issue is the physical goods will decrease in price as more are ordered. While having to create both physical and virtual goods would actually be more expensive.

Hope I'm wrong though.

10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Perhaps. Depending on how many people opt out, though, they may save money on shipping alone.

11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think that's a great idea. I'd love to opt out of the physical items and get digital stuff instead.

I don't even remember what the physical items were.

By Tor and Womby like this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

You should get the physical items.

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

My town won't be on the cloth math, I don't really care about the physical items.

14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually, thinking about it... No, I don't think its fair to offer a choice, because the people who get the physical items will feel they're missing out on the digital items by getting the physical ones, when the physical ones were a promise tied to their pledge that didn't have any caveat or trade-off attached to them.

Sorry, guys.

15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

If a backer wants to voluntarily opt out then it would be an option. I'm not suggesting they do away with physical items .. just proposing they let backers decline the goods voluntarily for a digital substitute (which i believe would save them money.

Womby likes this.
  16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree with @redfish, a deal is a deal. Besides, it is very cheap to making copies once the first has been made. Much cheaper than making new digital items. However, if they want to make new digital items and give them to all the folks for waiting so patiently, I am good with that.

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im actually not seeing how thats relevent.
    If you want your physical your getting it. But it was also 2ndary to a lot of people, who may want to opt out for a quicker and easier virtual.
    Its not them violating their agreement with me, if i prefer and agree to the alternative, or specifically dont want then despite my pledge level.

Seems like a fine idea to me, and that your grasping for argument here.

But whateves.. might be easirr for port to make more copied physical then spend time on virtual.

By Tor likes this.
  18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

That's like saying that players who have pledged to name a tombstone have to bc its mandatory. If it's a voluntary opt out, then it's not breaking any rules.

As for statistics on who doesn't want physical items, sorry, don't have any. I do know about a dozen players i talk to regularly that don't care about the physical rewards. There may be a lot more and if it can possibly save Port some revenue, nothing wrong with them considering it.

majoria70 likes this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Of course they're honoring physical rewards, that was stated.

And if a player opts to voluntarily take a digital reward what action is anyone going to take?

Edit - that said, the most easily offered reward is some token amount of store credit. Too high and it just cuts into their revenues.

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well, it would be saying if you want the physical reward that was promised to you, you can't have the digital reward.

As for the COTOs, I'm not sure why we don't do that for every pledge reward then... ie "If you don't want the Lord Marshall's Helm, you can turn it in and get COTOs." "If you don't like the Magical Printing Press, you can turn it in and get COTOs." I don't know, but likely, just as many people would find that unfair. Either way, I don't see why the physical reward would get an exception and be treated differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.