1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Status and Priority of Pledge Rewards, Kickstarter Stretch Goals, and other items

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ah, found it again. I was having trouble finding this thread. Can't wait for some of these amazing items :) Some of them sound like they'd be a lot of fun to have/use/see ;) <bookmarks thread>

2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

well, it looks like the localization stuff is really getting there, and I hear the physical items are there too... how about the multiple chars per account?

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

One important thing that I did not see as a priority on the list:
    The Journal and Quest notification system -- which is still not working as it should.
    I have notifications and Journal entries from the beginning of persistence, that I completed a long time ago.
    I am not going to reset my quests as I do not want to lose the things that I earned, nor do I want to do all that tedious stuff, the back and forth, the grinding, etc.
    I just want the Journal and notifications of quests that I have finished to be gone.

If there was a section of the records/journal that had what my avatar has done to advance or decrease each of the paths that would help a great deal as well.

By Tor and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Alley Oop

if you talk to a town crier they can empty your journal. this does NOT do the one-time quest reset, just makes what's in your journal now invisible. you will still be on those quests you are on, and completing the next step of them will put them in your journal. that does mean that if there are quests you have now you want to keep track of, you should probably write them down before clearing them.

6. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

Maybe i missed something here but i just do not understand what the below means

2 Week Skill Head Start: This would have serious balance implications and would only enrage players who did not have access to it.

Am i being told that all skill's will be reset before the game goes live and to stop people having an advantage on day 1 we will not be able to raise skill for 2 weeks before everyone else.

7. Alley Oop

the idea behind that benefit was supposed to be for new skills as they were added to the game. for instance, if a couple of months from now chris added a new bludgeon skill, and that two-week bonus applied, he'd have to add it in in a way that made it available only to the people that qualified for the headstart and then patch it two weeks later so everyone else could learn it. ...but they're not doing that. as new skills are added, everyone will get access at the same time.

and no, there's no reset scheduled.

Rentier likes this.
  8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Right.. and think they said potions to speed up leveling would be the substitute.

9. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

@Alley Oop

Hey thanks for the explaination, must be me just not understanding English well enough

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

...and no skill reset is going to be.

11. Makis

Makis Avatar

My pledge level (developer) included the naming of an NPC. I haven't heard anything about this since. Where did this go?

12. Alley Oop

many chances for designing an npc have already passed, but there are a few more coming. every so often, lum makes a forum post asking for submissions for a particular location. it's up to you to watch for those and submit one if you wish. here's the last example.

13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Thanks @DarkStarr and team! Really stoked from this announcement, and glad to see some attention given to these items! Im really excited for how it all turns out.

Wooooo!

14. Makis

Makis Avatar

That's a strange way to deliver something. "You have now purchased this item. To retrieve it you must visit our store and browse through all the notices regularly. Ever so often one of them will contain info on how to retrieve your item."

There's never been as much as an email that contains this info, though. I followed these forums for quite a while initially and never saw a beep on what to do.

Jens_T likes this.
  15. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

16. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Problem is that the last submission request was almost a year ago. There are still uncloned NPC's and many people I know of were waiting to get their NPC into Central Brit. With what's becoming 2 months till launch it doesn't look like there will be another round. I'd be saddened if we had bland NPC's in our continent's capital.

17. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Would be nice to get an update on summiting more NPCs since i never got mine in yet.

Astor Cerberus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.