Staying Sane While Farming Dolls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I confess to not reading every post in this thread (sue me for being lazy), but these "child zombies" you speak of in UT.
    I assume that they're down at the opposite end of the river from the door into the undead spawn.
    Correct ??

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Viola is loving the doll. Going through the closet figuring out what to wear with it now :) The Goblins of Pitmuck are really going to need these I think.

@kaeshiva I have never seen a zombie at the fallen log. There's a bunch of fallen logs over there, which one are you talking about? And your map was very helpful, thank you. Of course, we still haven't gotten a second, so it'll have been very helpful once we do. :) And now we need one because I think this one will wind up being Viola's.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, map at the start of the thread will help you a lot.

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Thx @Vladamir Begemot
    Is it only the zombie children or any zombie that can have a doll ???

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It was one of the children that I got it off of.

After a few more hours of no luck, Viola and I spent a considerable amount of time playing around with it and the pipe organ.

[​IMG]

Best... game.... ever:

[​IMG]

My mad scientist laboratory is coming along quite nicely. I have shrunken a succubus, hauled the pipe organs up to the observatory, and am mainlining some alchemical concoctions I brewed up to help me play the pipes better. Muahahahahahah!

Gaelis, gtesser, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  6. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Here is an updated version of the map. I have been spending many hours in the last week. Here is my finding.

There are 12 spawn locations
    They are regroup in 3 zones so, if you find a zombie (dead or alive) in the zone, you can then move to the next zone.
    I always do them in this order:
    • Purple
    • Green
    • Yellow
    Once I have looted the zombie in all 3 zone, I zone out and back in.
    Rinse and repeat.

It makes 3 Zombies every 5 mins or so. (Slow platemail anchored down turtle.

Sometimes a Zombie wont spawn in one of the zone but not often.

You can see the Zombies from a distance or at least, the Barbarian going after it so, you dont need to go all the way to the spawn point.

Enjoy and happy dolling

][​IMG]

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Thanks @Mobidoy Querrent for your diligent zombie research and sharing your findings.
    The initial map was most just a "here's where they sort of are" thing that I whipped together from memory for a guildy who was asking. (There's a whole series of "Shim Maps™ for dozens and dozens of in game scene, with varying degrees of hilarity.) Its nice to see that you've applied some "science" to it. Because the purple zone becomes inaccessible once you go through, I never paid overmuch attention to the exact locations along that riverbed where they spawn other than "kill them as you go by" lol.

When I run this, I tend to enter via purple zone, jump down, and do Green zone from south to north, cross over at the north part of the water to the yellow zone and work it to the south, then swim back across to green zone. Because I am physically incapable of walking by a cottonbush without harvesting it, even with my (fast) kill speed usually by the time I get back to the green zone it has zombies once again. I typically ignore the center island unless I see/target zombie activity from the coast. I just go around the entire area counterclockwise. Its a very lucrative cash/beetle farm scene which helps mitigate the tedium of dolly-hunting. I repeat these 'circuits' until my character is too encumbered to walk. I don't really do the zone-in, zone-out thing, because I find I waste a lot of time just walking down the empty river for maybe 1 zombie kill when I could be working on the systematic elimination of wild cottonplants. Doing so may increase your zombies-killed-per-hour, though, depending on various factors.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

but... but... there's three cotton plants on that island!

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I KNOW! But if I'm too far away to see if they are "pickable" then its okay.
    I do know they are there though, and my harvesting scythe does have a certain magnetic pull in that direction, but I have learned to fight it, just as I have learned to fight the inexorable pull of the pickaxe toward the mine entrance when I'm runnin 'round the foothills. lol.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks for the update @Mobidoy Querrent , Viola and I will modify our circuit a bit by taking it slower and getting those beetles!

Knowing that kinda makes me wonder about East Vauben and Tenebris again too... We are essentially talking 2 potential spots if you don't zone out, how many are in those other zones?

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  11. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Epic reading and awesome hints for the doll. Thank you all very much :)

12. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Will give those 2 zones a shot and report back.... When my isp get back up tho

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Tried Tenebris yesterday.....funny that the adult zombies were carrying the dolls not the children. I will have to haunt that place for a while i guess. This doll will be like the elusive cowbell now. LOL

Jaesun and gtesser like this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't recall the child zombies ever carrying the doll... but I didn't kill the one that had it so maybe she did and I just didn't see her in time to notice.

15. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Tenebris has only 4 zombie spawn that I have found. Maybe I missed some ? Problem with those is that they only spawn during night hours but, all 4 are very close to each other, it is a tier 5 so better XP from the nodes ( yes there is cotton) and from the other mobs around ( Pirates, wolves and boars) so, not as great Zombie per hour as UT but better diversity, XP and loot

Vladamir Begemot, FrostII and gtesser like this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I am so thoroughly confused now, lol. Is it ANY zombies or just zombie children that carry the dolly? :)

FrostII likes this.
  17. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

AFAIK it is only the childs.... Well, they are the only one that have been reported to drop them..... But, the in-game graphics are probably screwed up has I have only seen regular Zombies with dolls in their hands !

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  18. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have seen both, child and adult zombies with dolls. No drops yet.

19. mass

mass Avatar

Must say, sanity being tried. Somehow, content like this is always at least 25% more demanding of time than I think is fair.

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  20. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Got one after farming UT for about two hours tonight. Thanks for all the tips! I did not harvest nodes. I barely fought mobs unless it was a zombie or it was unavoidable. I was there for a doll - nothing else!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    FrostII, Vladamir Begemot and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.