stealthing

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by CatweazleX, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Currently people can run around full sped and stealthed. Please made it so, that the speed modifier is always one as long stealth is active.

Dhanas likes this.
  2. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I think stealth in general needs a polish pass... I agree there should be a speed penalty to being in stealth. There are also a lot of skills that break stealth that really hinder it being useful sometimes - like Mind Lock.

Black Tortoise and Olthadir like this.
  3. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

Im playing ESO again right now and while stealthing is not perfect, the mechanism they use it pretty cool and should be similar in this game. You get a visual icon on the screen that you are stealthed and how close you are to being seen. In SOTA even with GM stealth, most the time, everything just sees you and pops you out. Its kinda sad and a typical incomplete and failed system.

Ataniiq and Chatele like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

In pve stealth works great depending on which one you use. The moon ones are weaker. Your % stealth you get from stealth is how much aggro range is reduced.

In pvp it was a big improvment making stealthers more visible to folks who pay attention. But i wouldnt mind if stealth took a speed buff slot, or if taking damage prevented you from stealthing for a time.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Tbh hide/stealth is pretty useless unless you take it really high. Even then it isn't great, constantly get revealed, cant go into stealth again even when line of sight is broken.

Don't really get the issue over people running unless you are an RPer and think that everybody should be creeping around on their tippy toes whilst stealthing.

Stealth needs more love not hate. My view is the fix the parts that are actually broken. Slow people down in stealth and it would probably just about finish the skill off (which i'm quite sure is the intent of some).

Ataniiq, Fruck, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Why bother with stealth then? Leave it alone...

FrostII likes this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Why should there be a speed penalty while stealthed? Like stealth already sux as it is … leave the speed alone, geesh ….

FrostII likes this.
  8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

NO..... hell just about everything unstealths us. The only chance we have is the speed …. take that away, and you might as well get rid of stealth all together....

FrostII likes this.
  9. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I think it might be just me used to how stealth is usually done.. I agree its not too much of an issue as you cant recast speed buffs while stealthed. Which kinda goes to my main point, there are a lot of skills I think should be usable in stealth that currently reveal you. Like Mind lock like I mentioned, its crucial to the awesomeness of the deck system and to not use it in stealth kinda negates a lot of the point of unlocked decks.

This also doesnt count the current bugs like seeing the ring of stone on someones hand running around - and at 110 stealth I am still seen all the time.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

In the least, there could be another skill like most games that speeds you up in stealth.

Ah... the old days of hidding in UO in my robe and deadly poison kyrss... oh look... someone popped out of the portal... whack <spazams uncontrollably>... OO00o00ooOOO000OOOOO...

Snags gear... runs

oh... in DAOC...

Running with group across the PvP realm... what... <You've been hit by Rashid (Ranger) for 1000 hp... you die>...

lol

Chatele likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That must have been me Silverti, in DAOC, I was a really awesome assassin :)

12. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Except you are not capable to hit someone who is stealthed. You need AoEs to get this person out of stealth first.
    As long you are stealthed you are fast like hell and immutable.

It is worth nothing to know there is some hidden behind you. The first stacked strike is delivered faster as one is capable to unhide the player to remove the immutable state.
    Also you can not run. Because all speed buffs are active while hidden.

Mobs neither cast detect hidden nor use AoEs to unstealth someone, that happend on sight. May they should use such thing first, or the same is true for players.

When you use immolation you are not capable to hide. So you are a shiny target for everyone.

This is simple asking for some balancing. As long your are hidden, you speed is 1x. The speed buffs may remain active, so you on full speed as soon you not hidden anymore.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    MANTACO and Olthadir like this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

All this sounds to me like somebody died to a guy who used stealth and now they are very salty about it. Because the stealther was the more skilled player and won.....they must be nerfed!!!

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

After they made it where youcan see atealthed people ive been able to attack them before they get into position. I haven been successfully snuck up on since then

I know all you need to do is swing a weapon at them to hit them, and im told if you are magic or ranged you can just aim a ranged attack at them to hit them.

I do think reveal hidden needs to be redone because its harder to reveal with than most anything else.

And the ability to re-stealth during pvp needs to be fixed

15. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Tried it more than one time to hit, with bludgeon weapon, a player that stands nearby stealthed. Was able to "see" the player. No way. But i can re-try it.

Sorry, no.

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

[​IMG]

FrostII and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  17. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

You can for sure hit a player in stealth... I sneak attack stealthers all the time, which is kinda ironic.

Chatele likes this.
  18. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I don't PVP ever, so I wouldn't know, I use stealth to try and bypass encounters on the world map.... I said, try, because it does not always work, their detect range is still to wide...

19. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

thing is, thats the way stealthing works in all the (latter) elder scrolls games, so they cant just rip it off directly. itd just be cheesy.

as a stealther, i believe the whole subterfuge tree needs work. stealthing needs to be made more powerful and then brought into balance, and camo should have some significant difference to silent movement. subterfuge spec should give a big bonus to attacks of any variety from stealth, so we all dont have to be archetypal "backstab rouges" - stealther mages should be totally viable, and get a big bonus to their first attack from stealth. a stealth berzerker with a 2H hammer should still get a bonus when attacking from stealth, etc.

camo should give a way bigger attack bonus than silent movement. an archer's first shot from camo could be quite fatal in some cases, likewise the dagger you never saw coming. perhaps Camo and SM could be balanced together, such that "big weapons" (2h sword / axe / hammer/ halberd) gain a bonus from the momentum of the moving attacker, while Camo gives the bonus to sneakier weapons like bow, dagger, shortsword, 1h spear, etc.

im tired of my boring, temporary Light Armor specialization. I want to switch to stealth/subterfuge spec please, so can you guys give the whole tree a glance and plan to iterate on it a few times?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

One use for camouflage is that there is about a +15-+20 difference in base sneak attack damage with 100 ranged skill sneak attack and store-baught crossbow which works well in PvE if your lookin for that big initial hit (itll be bigger if u use a good bow and have great bonuses with ranged weapons). Thats with subterfuge specialization tho. Also its one of those easy skilsl that doesnt cost much to take above 100 and can easily hit 100% stealth with it which makes bad guys completely ignore you however close they get. It hits 100% at GM if your specialized but you gotta take it above GM if you arent.

In PvP camoflage is not practical beyond setting up an archery ambush but thats not a situation anyone has come across yet sicne its an open PvP and team based one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.