Still a new player....

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by moxiepilot, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

While I'm no longer completely new, I'm still very much in the demographic of New Player. So, in the interest of feedback I have to say that the underlying tenets driving the story line were never impressed on me.

Essentially I know nothing about Truth, Love and Courage and the fact that they are storylines. The only reason I know about them is really through the forums. I was too busy learning how to play the game that the story passed on by. So much so that I would like to start over from scratch and begin again.

The reason I don't is because I have a house on a nice lot and I have a great guild. It would be great to look at the story line from the beginning again, but not at the expense of losing my house, lot and guild.

TLDR; Besides combat mechanics there needs to be some sense of quest line during the tutorial. Not sure what the solution to making a bold statement is, but it needs to be more impactful.

Numa, majoria70 and Weins201 like this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

3. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I understand you can reset quest state, and thank you for the link to the video. Essentially I'm approaching it from a delete character point of view. Start over so that I can pay attention to the details I missed when I was too busy learning the game, but have the new player experience.

But I also want balance for the things I've worked for. I have a house, a guild, etc. Not sure what the solution is since I've had a hella long day. But I do like to try and give some feedback as it pops in my coconut.

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

eventually we will be able to have multiple chars per account, and i believe the plan is to carry over things like house ownership and guild membership as well. that'll give you the restart you want without the reset.

Numa and moxiepilot like this.
  5. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Yeah I forgot about the multiples. I also wanted to restart in the interest of QA pre-launch, but I don't suspect it makes too much sense with all the other priorities. Thanks!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yeah but having another character or re-doing the Quests does not imo address the point I heard in the op. This new player did not get a sense of one of the main points for this game. It didn't happen. The introduction he watched showed him sucked into a computer but then it did not tie into what was to come.

Now this person lands on New Britannia and could say 'oh no what happened and where am I?' and then look around at a room with clues of the virtues and start the adventure from what is missing that needs in place. Well he can say better than I what would have made the difference for him.

I just know that for me even though we are getting some very interesting looking scenes they still aren't good at telling their own story. Now again I mention the mirrors in Elysium but I could mention Boreas and any others instead. We get these cool scenes and why they are is not always apparent. You could perhaps have a quest already that explains but you may not always. You could check your journal and perhaps notice a task saying look for the moving mirrors for some reason but would we have one?

As usual Moxie thanks for helping with telling us your feedback.

I am so hoping we can get added more of a sense of the scenes we visit by clues, visuals, and interactions in the scene. We may not have had the quest for the area but we could have a task that tells a bit about the area as soon as we enter that goes into our journal. It could say something like you have entered grumvald barrens. It is the home of a dangerous enemy etc. @Lord British .

Numa, moxiepilot and mass like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@moxiepilot

One joined my guild, he was Tenant in my guesthouse. He deleted the character to start with a new Name and it seems his guild membership abd Tenant Status of my row was not deleted. He was still in the guild and still a Tenant under his new Name with his new character.
    Then he buyed a house of its own, claimed a lot, placed a house, still Member of my guild and did what?
    He again deleted his char to again rename back to the first Iteration of his Avatar.
    He didnt loose the House, he didnt loose Guild Membership.
    It seems that your House and Guild membership is Account bound and not only connected to the Avatar.
    You can delete him, roll a new one and have a clean start without to loose your Bank, your house or your guild membership.

moxiepilot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.